Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
43 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Treasure hunt in eastern Colorado
Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
I am the contact for our local Packard club region. A man called me about two Packards and a bunch of parts that his late father had stored 30 years ago in an a old garage on their property in eastern Colorado. The building was falling apart and they asked me to come and take a look before they started to haul stuff away. Some of you know the type of phone call.
I drove an hour out on the prairie and found their place. The garage was certainly in poor shape but the holes in the roof let in lots of light so I didn't have to use a flashlight. I was greeted by two cars completely buried under parts and other junk. Check out the picture below, somewhere hidden in the picture are two sad Packards, a 53 Clipper and maybe a 54 Clipper. I told them that unfortunately these are not desirable cars especially in their current forlorn condition.
There were a couple of Packard engine blocks and two Ford flathead engines, some rear window glass, some rear ends, bumpers and other parts. And old tires...lots of old tires! Nothing that anyone is going to buy and pay to ship anywhere.
After an hour, I had about given up when he showed me a flat crate leaning in the corner. I cut the covering open and paydirt! The crate contained two brand new 356 heads! How these got in there with all the other junk, no one knows. Shipping a Packard head is going to cost plenty but where else are you going to find such a thing.
I told the man that he should try to uncover the cars (and get rid of the tires!) and I would come back and see if any other saleable parts might be hidden in there but at least the 356 heads won't end up in the scrap yard.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_20240817_093926.jpg (593.15 KB)
1136_66c511b253599.jpg 2496X1872 px

jpg  IMG_20240817_095140.jpg (769.80 KB)
1136_66c511c689074.jpg 2184X2912 px

Posted on: Today 16:59
 Top  Print   
Wow (1)

Re: Packard Treasure hunt in eastern Colorado
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
At least convince the guy to sell the cars on FB instead of scrapping them, please...

Very nice find though.

Posted on: Today 17:09
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved