Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 95

humanpotatohybrid, BDeB, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

post in message
Just popping in
Just popping in

straight8
See User information
Installing 1953 327 into 1949 Custom with overdrive, need pilot bushing. Where can I get one?

Posted on: 2013/8/14 15:46
 Top  Print   

Re: post in message
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day straight8,
to PackardInfo. Have you tried Kanters or Max or Packards1? Or try a bearing supply business by taking your bearing or the measurements concerned along and seeing if they can supply a modern bearing to suit. If you do find a bearing by doing that, could you include the details in the Packard Parts Cross-Reference (X-Ref) Database please?

And I invite you to include your '49 Custom in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/8/14 16:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
the pilot bushing is a weird duck - I searched all the bearing places in town for one for my 51 200. The outer diameter is a normal size, but the interior is different from any bearing I could find. Suggest biting the bullet and call Max Merit or Kanter. Be sitting down when you get the quote.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 18:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
IIRC, when Fred was on the forum a couple of years ago this particular bearing for the 51-4 engine and trans came up. I believe he said it was a Packard exclusive & he would be surprised if it were found in parts stores. That must be the case if David didn't find one. I think one of our posters decided to machine a bushing in the correct sizes rather than buy a bearing.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 18:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved