Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 162 163 164 (165) 166 167 168 ... 513 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

I haven't seen one of those aftermarket turn and brake lights in years. Walking junkyards year ago I'd see items like that people added to their cars to doll them up or make them look more up-to-date, never thought much about it. We had Western Auto in this western New York area. Anyone recall who sold this type?

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (14.78 KB)
409_56bbd5a004a89.jpg 510X317 px

Posted on: 2016/2/10 19:30
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
JW, do you know what they're asking for the touring coupe?

Posted on: 2016/2/10 19:49
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
This is one of those cases where they are going to "restore" the car sometime soon and use it as a prop for their wine business. As far as I know it is not officially for sale, but someone with the right offer might convince them to sell. It has been two years plus since I first spotted it and nothing has been done. So far it has survived well, but it won't get any better as time goes by. A rare and desirable body style and year. Go for it.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/2/10 22:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
It's a 36 and I prefer the 36 120 over other years; I like the dash so much better than the later models, and I like the increased cubic inch over the 35, although the 35 has suicide doors. I sold my 36 120 original business coupe and there are still days that I miss it, if I find the right 36 I might be convinced to buy it.

Posted on: 2016/2/10 23:08

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:12
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A parts car, and a marginal one at that IMO. Oh well, it just enhances the value of the rest of them.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
$7000 !!?? Bloody Downstairs! Does the shredded blue tarp come with it?

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
For that kinda $ I hope it comes with about 10 acres that it sits on.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:45

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
Two Packards out of the Automobile Driving Museum (where I volunteered until last June) are up for sale.

1953 Patrician
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5440716736.html

1940 120 Sedan
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5429814158.html

Given how few details are mentioned in the ads, I'm not convinced the guy representing them for the museum knows the cars...for starters, the '53 never was a CHP cruiser...but maybe you can swing a deal with them.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 12:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 53 is an interesting car to be a museum piece.

The color of the upholstery is striking. Is that supposed to be code 504 Maroon Broadcloth which was available in Patricians or someones modern interpretation? To my eye it makes quite a loud statement -- particularly with the gray dash and window garnish. The short section of headliner color between the door panel and rear seat back also looks odd.

Am surprised to see it listed as a CHP cruiser. Even Broderick Crawford wouldn't rate a senior Packard so I'm with DrewLA. If it was a cruiser, CHP must have had lots of money in those days or someone was dreaming.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 13:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 162 163 164 (165) 166 167 168 ... 513 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved