Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
I stand corrected: It went "Boing" and not "Sproing."

Of course, the most important thing is to listen to what it sounds like when it lands, in case you don't see it. Then you can triangulate the coordinates, and also have an idea of the surface on which it lighted. If you don't hear anything then, naturally, you should've been watching closer.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 22:15
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
amen to big kev and danL on ziplocks and diigital cameras. on the baggies i'vce found the zipper lock freezer quality is extra nice due to the thickness and ability to stay closed upside down. as for sizing nuts and bolts: ask a local autoparts store if you could purchase a thread sizer like the one the have on the floor. i got a napa to order mine and can't live without it. then you just need a lil spiral notepad to jot them down on and you're good.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 23:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well GUY

replacing the chrome parts is not to bad so far. the Front grille is going to be the worst. With all that massive amount of body staring at you, one would think that there is plenty of room to work, but that grille is a bitch. The two main threaded rods that go thru the front cowl, in order to put the nuts on you either have to go thru the headlight opening in the fenders of up thru the bottom of the fenders btween the fender well and the outer fender. You have to go thru there anyway in order to apply the nuts to the chrome strip from the grille anyway so that is the way I am going. Besides I have a neighbor that helps me. He is thinner and younger and he owes me money so I am getting paid back by supplying all of the parts and telling him where to crawl thru to do whatever As for the price we were pretty much on target. He quoted me $4750 which included the floors. When it came time to do the floors, when they had to cut away some of it, it was revealed that there was more involved than they could possibly has seen in the beginning. He said that they had agreed to do the floors so that was that. I could have let it go at that but we were talking some serious time and effort so we talked it over and agreed to split it. So it cost me an extra $500. I felt that was fair. As far as them doing the chrome removal and re-install, that was not really feasable. I have had the car for about 2 months before I could afford the chrome, so the car would have had to sit there for that time and that would have been dangerous. Them moving it around and such it might have had an accident or something and then we would have been in a spitting war. All things considered I feel I came out good.

Posted on: 2009/12/8 10:48
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hobbs
See User information
FATMIKE

Can you take a photo of the thread sizer you ordered from napa and post here?

Posted on: 2009/12/8 13:30
1933 Packard Sedan
Registry
Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
well got the bumpers back together. The Front upper grille had a small problem with a busted bracket. However rather than going into a long explanation I will try to post picture and show the busted bracket, the fix and the layout to assemble.
P.S. This is the intact brackett on the other side.

Attach file:

jpg  (46.95 KB)
430_4b21853698461.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 18:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
next

Attach file:

jpg  (21.28 KB)
430_4b21856f32fbb.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 18:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
next

Attach file:

jpg  (25.13 KB)
430_4b2185f84a6fb.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 18:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
last

Attach file:

jpg  (54.50 KB)
430_4b21866f92c1b.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 18:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
O.K.

Opinion time

This is a shot of the powder coated T/L housing with lenses
What does anyone think. This temporary until I can either afford a decent set of to be able to chrome good cores.

Attach file:

jpg  (40.64 KB)
430_4b2ab0c96e85c.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Can anyone tell me what sort of rubber whatever goes on he two bracketts on the left and rightside. I do not remember taking anything off from therewhen I dis-assembled the car. And there are none on my 55 seniors. I do have the triangle rubber pieces that go on the the bottom of the tail-lights but this one is a mystery.

Attach file:

jpg  (40.51 KB)
430_4b2ab4075fd05.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/12/17 17:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved