Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
258 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 255

bkazmer, Roadster, packardsix1939, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Upholstery and interior questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
So was there a specific colored carpet for the trim 82 or is it possible that different cars with trim 82 had different colored carpets?

At the Packard Post War material cards pdf I could find these carpets available for 55: dark blue, dark gray, brown, turquoise, red, black, sardonyx.

Here's a link to the pdf:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?518

Posted on: 2015/12/6 14:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Based on cars I have seen and some sales brochure illustrations the carpet seemed to go with the major color on the upholstery. Since you are supposed to have the light blue fabric and have a dark blue dash pad I would almost bet the carpet would be the dark blue. Depending on how green the turquoise might be I suppose that is a possibility but doubtful with the blue dash..

Attach file:

jpg  (99.99 KB)
209_566494a305654.jpg 1074X788 px

Posted on: 2015/12/6 14:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The Trim-Bulk Stock section of the parts list shows the carpet colors that match trim set numbers.

Group 31.468, part number 463169 shows carpet as dark blue for trim set 82

Posted on: 2015/12/6 15:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Thank you guys. It seems that the dark blue is the right one so I'll go with it.

Now where should I get the carpet? I have all the other materials for my seats and dashboard from SMS but it took forever to get them. Kanter also has carpet sets. Does anyone know how they compare to SMS's carpets? Does Kanter have the correct dark blue color and texture?

Posted on: 2015/12/6 15:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you're willing to have bulk carpet material cut, bound and fitted, why not just buy the repro of the OEM carpet from Neal Porter. Supplies limited and not likely to be made available again. See his ad in your PAC newsletter.

Some years back I bought a Kanter kit for a 56; not exactly an OEM match but reasonable color and texture, and a good fit.

Posted on: 2015/12/6 16:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
SMS Auto Fabrics is an excellent resource. Ask Jay Leno. It may take longer, but did you get the right stuff? The warehouse is amazing.

The library of dealer original interior portfolios, plus they can manufacture those fancy 50s door panels of metal and patterned fabric with color or silver bead edges, etc.

I've never been happy with the few things on my car that are not-quite-correct repros, (already mentioned on the Duchess blog, so I'll spare the vendors mentioning them here). But they are like typos. Your eye goes directly there every time.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 0:17
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Owen_Dyneto: Where do I find the newsletter? I'd like to contact Neal Porter.

JoeSantana: I might ask SMS if they have sets ready. The materials are perfect but as a paying customer I'd like to have some honesty about the delivery times. I was told it takes 1 month for the stuff to arrive but instead it took 6 months. Long waiting time wasn't a problem at that point though. Overall I'm very happy with SMS's quality and will probably use their services again in the future.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 5:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I saw Neal last night at Motor City Packards Annual Dinner and he still has some carpeting for sale.

Supplies are limited, subject to availability and first come - first served. Even if you are only in the "thinking stage" of re-doing your carpeting, now would be the time to buy.

Below is Neal's ad from page 16 in the latest edition of the CNB.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.45 KB)
436_5665918b4031c.jpg 588X150 px

Posted on: 2015/12/7 9:02
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Thank you Roger!

I wonder if Neal has an email address. It might be quite expensive to make a phonecall from Finland.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 10:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Mr. Porter does not list an email address with his information in the Membership Directory. Unless someone else has it, I'd suggest you have one of your US Packard friends call him on your behalf.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 11:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved