Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
299 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 297

Paul E. Gallagher, 68amxgopac, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah, i had a couple that i had to clean up the beads on....they hold air now. i was just worried that the local kid at the local Discount Tire wouldn't know how to hand the bias ply....if there is any difference in handling. i don't want to mess the bead up on the tire because the handle them wrong. that would piss me off and be bad news bears!

did you paint the rims yourself or have them done professionally?

you know i was thinking today.....like HH said....the only difference i can tell between the A and S on the E-Brake equalizer bar is the tension on the spring..and it pushes the connecting wire that goes to the front of the car further lateral on the car..so what do you guys suppose that A and S stand for and why would they make a difference if 5540 and 5560 had the same 122" frame and the 5580 has the 127" it seems like the treat the 5560 as a senior sometimes in the parts that go on it. i guess it IS the senior of the juniors. like i like to say the Caribbean of the clippers. ;0) just wondering why the manual doesn't mention what the A and S stand for....weird, but fun to ponder....

later,

Hank

Posted on: 2009/3/9 8:21
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
what do you guys suppose that A and S stand for

I have no idea, but the first thing that occurs is "A" is automatic, and "S" is standard, as in transmissions.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 8:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
that's kinda what i was thinking....which doesn't make sense....my car is an Automatic, but the manual says to put it in the furthest position which is the S....

Posted on: 2009/3/9 8:53
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How close is the A and The S stamped to each other????? Is the 'A' over one slot and the S over the other slot????

Is there an "O" between the A and the S????

Posted on: 2009/3/9 9:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
A over one slot S over the other...no O anywhere.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 9:47
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The only difference I could see notch changing was spring tension. The A & S designation seemed meaningless. Same bar arrangement was in 51-4 but then instructions there was put in first notch which begs the question which is first.

The 5560 chassis seems the odd one out. 5540 had smaller brakes and small WB so could see less tension, 5580 had large brakes & longer WB so could see more but 60 had short WB and small brakes so doesn't fit. Only other variable is the TL which the 40 didn't come with & others did--.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 10:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

cli55er wrote:

did you paint the rims yourself or have them done professionally?

I painted them myself. It's covered in my project blog.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 12:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well, i can tell you this it was in the A position before for sure, because the bar had an indent in it from where it was rubbing the frame from use. when put in the S position the indent does not line up anymore. so....pondering....was it ever moved by someone and put in the wrong slot or did someone at the factory do it on accident or something.

idk....i am going off the manual, but what fun pondering this has been ;0)

Posted on: 2009/3/9 13:19
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A minuscule amount of additional leverage gained with the outer notch too. Am afraid it's going down as another of the mysteries having lots of theories & no facts like why Execs were an A suffix and when were thief proof numbers stamped and why so out of sequence at times.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
totally found my circlip! YEAH!! thanks kev for mentioning you vacuumed and sifted your media....worked great and i found my part ;0)

SWEET!

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:43
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved