Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

How many folks on this site DO NOT belong to a local Packard club?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
If you are asking questions, it means you are seeking answers. Clubs are another source of answers....and a good place for hands on help and local knowledge.

Even if you live out in the country, membership gives you access to friendly resources.

This is a great source for many things and many expert opinions---but sometimes a friendly neighbor is more useful....

The Packard Club, Packards International are Packard exclusive clubs; a broader interest club like AACA can provide a wider net of resources and events as well.

I'm sure others can suggest other groups or regional groups.....

One word of warning: every club has a few people that are only happy talking to cars. If you encounter one, do not be scared away. The vast majority of members are solid, decent folks.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 1:58
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: How many folks on this site DO NOT belong to a local Packard club?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I do not belong to a Packard club, but do belong to another club. One club's politics are enough for me. What I like about this forum is the lack of politics. It allows "for the free exchange of information ..." which is the stated purpose of at least one of the major antique car clubs.

I had some good teachers back in the old days like the late John Cavalero who had a room full of Packard parts that he sold for the very reasonable price of free. He also had his share of adversaries and thus made for a complicated acquaintance. Some of the best times I had at car shows were when I stopped by the hotel bar and found John there. He had one car, but knew everybody.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 8:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
I not only don't belong to a Packard club I don't even own a Packard. Yet I've been following this board for years.

I'm sort of a Packard groupie.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 11:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
I belong to a club called "The Eight American Cars Club of 1977 ie. EAC-1977. whose members owns, or are interested
in the eight (9) American cars: Packard, Hudson, De Soto, Nash, Kaiser, Frazer (added later on), Willys, Studebaker and Henry J. The total number of cars are over 300 including those not running.

www.eac-1977.com

Tom

Posted on: 2012/9/14 11:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I have two Packard's and don't belong to any club. I enjoy the wealth of information available on this site, the members that will spend their time helping other "Packardites" with answers to questions that range from the simple to very complicated as well from the turn of the century to Packard issues of the present. Plus, I can interact in early AM or late PM hours. How cool is that. As an added bonus, I too don't have to deal with club egos and politics.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 11:43
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I don't own a Packard (yet!) or belong to a club, either.

Wait, I DO have ONE Packard...a black '53 Caribbean...now if I only had an enlarging ray and something to transform its atoms into a REAL Packard...

Posted on: 2012/9/14 12:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Anyone a member of the Wisconsin club? I had looked at the website in the past and was thinking of joining since I am brand new to packards but when I searched for the website today it is gone.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 12:34
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

vicpick58
See User information
I am not currently a member of a Packard club, but was a member of the northern CA PI when I had a Packard.

Unfortunately life got in the way of my love for the machines and I sold my last Packard 15 years ago and let my membership go too.

I am still interested in Packards and would entertain the possibility of acquiring another one someday. I am mostly interested in the V8s. If I happened to find the right car and the right deal I am at a point in my life that I may be able to do something about it again.

I found this forum a year or so ago and have been lurking around and picking up some useful information for such a time whenever I run across another appropriate vehicle.

I check the owners registry every once in a while hoping to see one of my old cars show up, although the only one that I still have the number of is the Clipper number 5567-5611. If anyone happens to know what happened to this car, I would sure like to know.

I sold it in Mendocino county CA in 1977, it was the first car that I ever bought with my own money ($200) as a teenager, and I just have a soft spot in my heart for that old car.

The other one that I would like to find is a 56 Patrician that I sold in Modesto CA in 1997, it was dark blue and had a 4 speed hydramatic transmission.

Posted on: 2012/9/15 16:57
Former owner of: 1955 Clipper Constellation
1956 400
1956 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
A 4 speed Hydramatic, huh. Was the car that way when you bought it or was that something you added. Did it still have the Packard V8? What alterations were made to accommodate the Hydramatic? I'd really be interested to know how that worked. Not that I'm planing on doing away with my '55 Patrician's T-U - it's working better each drive I take in it. I guess it's just that I like the 4 speed Hydramatic, have heard it brought up as in "Why didn't Packard use the Hydramatic like Lincoln did".

I too have a soft spot for a solid dark blue '56 Patrician. One of those "made the sale" for me when I was 8 years old. Almost bought one once in 1966 - could have been the same one I fell for in the showroom of Donahue Motors in Albany, OR. I still kick myself over that.

As for a Packard Club, this is the only club I'm a member of. There is a potential in my for an eccentric recluse.

Posted on: 2012/9/15 22:07
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
I think most Packard clubs would disown me in about 5 seconds.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 0:52
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved