Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
171 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 169

Todd W. White, Jimmyk, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

This should NOT have been hot-rodded...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I spotted the following listing on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941-Graham-Hollywood-Rat-Rod-Hot-Rod-Unique-and-Different-/181232528451?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a324cec43#ht_500wt_1183

I'm all for tastefully done hot rods/street rods.

NOT when it's something THIS rare, though.

I've always thought it would be cool to take a junk 120 coupe body, and mate it to a '55-'56 TL chassis and Packard V-8...

Posted on: 2013/10/10 8:50
 Top  Print   

Re: This should NOT have been hot-rodded...
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
yikes!

Posted on: 2013/10/10 9:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
"1941 Graham I think they made less than 1500 of these" so I thought I'd butcher this one....

Is it just me or does it seem that everyone who chops-up a rare car and/or stuffs a Chevy 350 under the hood always spells Camaro with an 'e?'

Posted on: 2013/10/10 11:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
Couple ways to look at this
1) Its a Graham why would you ever consider doing this WAY to rare.

2) It's a Graham and EVERYTHING for them is super rare and extremely expensive.

I am not a fan of the SBC even less of the 350 due to the overwhelming numbers of them in well everything. With that said I understand the appeal, cheap to buy cheap to go fast ect. Putting one in a car this rare I think reserves yourself a special little corner in that really hot place.

The owner who modified it should have passed it on to someone with the means to restore it as it is worth MUCH more in that condition plus the heritage that comes with it. However with a 350 it could be driven much more and if it brakes parts are everywhere. So a Graham gets cut up and the history and uniqueness is lost but the potential for it to get out and be seen has gone up in my opinion. Even with a 350 the body is still a Graham and the look is still Graham ect. It is very much a double edged sword.

After looking at the pictures a bit more it has a decent amount of rust in it fixable yes but from what I have seen pictures on the internet almost always make the car look way better than it actually is. Then the chance of hidden bondo and other shoddy repair work the list goes on. There is a chance that the car was simply to rough for anything other than an extreme restoration, or what the car is now.

Posted on: 2013/10/15 1:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved