Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
262 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 261

Marvin, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

DMV fees
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
I have to pay my DMV fees again for my 52 Packard. I pay $180.00 per year for the Packard and the same amount for my 94 explorer. I am in Hawaii.
my Packard was due in august, but I did not do it so I will pay a late fee as well . Then in January the fees are going up again. I then will probably pay $200.00 /year for each of my two cars. WOW
WHAT ARE DMV FEES LIKE IN OTHER STATES? Just curious if others don't mind sharing.

I calif the older the car was the fee went down . in Hawaii it is by weight. if I buy a new Toyota yaris the fee will be $134/year.

Posted on: 2013/10/31 18:52
 Top  Print   

Re: DMV fees
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My 99 driver (pickup) was $134, 56 Packard was $99 and if I had fully licensed it instead of going non op, the 47 would have been $93.

I am in a pollution basin so there are several air quality fees tacked on to the basic registration that some in other areas of the state would not have to pay. Basic registration and license for the 56 would be $75 without the fees. The pollution fees change and I believe are going up again next year but the basic registration has been fairly flat.

Posted on: 2013/10/31 19:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
In Pennsylvania, you only buy the plates (fee) once. I bought mine in 1974 - cost me $25.00
The Caribbean cost me $75.00

Posted on: 2013/10/31 19:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
In Montana, you have several choices. Basically, the older the car gets, the less the license costs. My new cars started out around $300 a year. For my Packard, I bought lifetime antique plates for $10 I think. The only kicker is that you are only supposed to drive the car to auto shows and events. Course every time I drive the car it is an event!

Posted on: 2013/10/31 20:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
For my classic 37 ford with antique plates $38 for 5 yrs
My wifes 09 tahoe $64

I was in Hawaii 2 weeks ago for the 1st time and I was amazed that older cars didn't show much rust from the salt ocean

Posted on: 2013/10/31 20:14
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
In Missouri it is a one time $25.00 fee(no inspection)for an Antique plate. No record keeping of milage required.

Posted on: 2013/10/31 20:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
hey guys, thanks for the info. YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!
it is good for you
I am originally from the san Francisco bay area, and we had the smog check.

here , we have a safety inspection every year on top of the registration. that is about $25.00; and that, I hear is going up as well.

some day when I return to the mainland I will be able to enjoy a better fee.
it is a lot of money, considering I haven't driven the car a lot, but when I want to drive it I want to drive it.

I can do non op and turn in the plates, but then I will never be able to drive it.

such is life.
thanks for sharing the info

tim

Posted on: 2013/10/31 22:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

WILLIS wrote:
...No record keeping of milage required.

Not exactly true. The Missouri historic plate rules include:
"The owner is responsible for keeping a log of the miles driven for personal use each calendar year. The log must be kept in the vehicle when the vehicle is being driven on any state road."

Source: Missouri Department of Revenue

Posted on: 2013/10/31 22:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
One-time fee in New Jersey; when I last registered a car it was $25, might be more now, and no inspection. Every 3 years you're required to confirm that the car is still active (or return the plates), but no additional fee. Registration limits you to use only for legitimate antique car activities, but enforcement is pretty much unheard of. Though we're a 2-plate state you're only required to use the state Historic plate on the rear.

Posted on: 2013/10/31 23:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Although not a US-state; in Norway the fee (road taxation) is approx USD 70 pr year and no registration fee for classic cars and no inspection. You are limited not to drive more than 3125 miles a year.
On the other hand gasoline costs USD 10/gallon.
Tom

Posted on: 2013/11/1 6:01
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved