Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 248

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Paint on Hood
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Walter Schoepf
See User information
On the Caribbean 1955 was underside of the hood originally pained in the same color as the top of it or was that painted in black.
Any information or hint will be appreciated as all the advice I have received in the past
Walter

Posted on: 2013/12/5 18:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Paint on Hood
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Most underside hoods I have seen on restored 55's are painted white like the top.

I have not seen any with the underside pads, that I have seen on Patricians, and 400.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 19:43
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
Walt,

I will check and verify for absolute certainty this weekend if you're interested. I have access to one of the most original Caribbeans out there (with only 1,700 miles since new, everything on the car is exactly as it left the factory except for the tires).

Will let you know!

Posted on: 2013/12/6 10:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can't say about 55 Caribs but those 56 Caribs I've seen that appear to be unmolested have the hood underside in semi-gloss black with varying amounts of overspray of the finish color around the edges.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 10:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The front end sheetmetal was all dipped in black enamel and baked. The fenders and hood were then fixtured on a trolley and sent through the paint line. There was no facility for turning the parts over, they were painted as fixtured. So any color on the bottom was overspray as Owen indicated.

Posted on: 2013/12/6 14:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved