Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 83

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Prop for 1937 115 Hood
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Several years ago I purchased an aluminum device that mounts on the grill to firewall support rods that was designed to hold the hood in an open position. I can't remember who I purchased it from but was wondering if anyone knows of any other devices designed for the same purpose. Perhaps a design that I can make myself. I have a few ideas but welcome your input. Thank you.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 14:12
 Top  Print   

Re: Prop for 1937 115 Hood
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
about a 5" pc of U channel, lined with some leftover window channel, and tack weld to the hood support rods. My car is not here now, or I would attach a photo, alternately, can use small U bolts to hold to rods...

Posted on: 2014/9/3 18:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 115C has brackets attached to the cowl wall where the rear corners of the hood panel fit. I believe they were being made and sold by Wall Wamsford (sp.?) back in the 1990s. The car is not at home right now so no photos. They work well.

(o{}o)

Edit: Looked around and found a photo. I attached a brace to better support the brackets. The braces make a triangular structure and are very strong. Without the additional braces the brackets flexed too much. It would be easy to make your own.

Attach file:

jpg  (21.93 KB)
565_5407d0c03f789.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/9/3 21:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Thank you Flackmaster and J.W. I really appreciate all of your help !!!

Posted on: 2014/9/3 22:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved