Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

Packard5687, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

This auction is not very well listed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
https://www.collarcityauctionsonline.com/servlet/List.do?auctionId=727

Got from the caddie guys, but they say lots of Packards. No catalog and starting 11/5. Trickle sale, ~10 / day.
A long time collector over 200 cars.

Posted on: 2021/11/3 15:33
 Top  Print 

Re: This auction is not very well listed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Totally blows my mind.

Either the cars look they were pulled out of a junk yard or ripped apart for "restoration" and then some mental problem caused him to move on to some other car leaving the mess for someone else to clean up. That's like a nightmare out of The Great Gatsby.

I wonder how the little Triumph TR4 and the 50 Plymouth escaped in one piece?

I was presented with a similar crackpot situation years ago where some nut tore apart loads of pre-war Lincolns only he ripped off Otis Chandler of the LA Times and was ruined when Otis turned the fraudulent billing records over to his legal department.

All levels of the car business seems to attract crackpots.

Posted on: 2021/11/4 18:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yeah, that looks depressing. Still, there's a custom super 8 in and among all that stuff. It does have two good front fenders - I think.

Posted on: 2021/11/4 18:50
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

azpack400
See User information
What do you think the all in price point will be to sell these derelicts? I cannot imagine or conceive paying more that $500 for most of these. That doesn't even include obvious removal and transport costs.

Posted on: 2021/11/4 21:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
And the 22% BP. …wow…

Posted on: 2021/11/4 22:40
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quite a few errors in the listing such as item #88 is listed as a 1952 Pacific but there is no such thing (it looks like a ‘52 Mayfair with 1954 headlight rims) and item #90 does not have factory A/C as stated.

Posted on: 2021/11/5 2:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
At 22%, your $500 max just became $409 and change.

Posted on: 2021/11/5 3:41
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Lou Abelove was a long time customer of ours from upstate NY and seems to have purchased and stored the luxury car contents of a junkyard ,doing what many collectors ask to be done, SAVE THEM  (which has been echoed by many on this forum over the years) .If anything this a great opportunity for people in the Packard community to have the chance to save and restore another Packard or the opportunity to get a younger classic car enthusiast interested in Packards. There are about 7 Caribbeans all of which can be restored.  Many of the rest can continue to be good parts cars or restoration projects with minimal original costs.

We had a Packard convertible in very similar condition in our yard at 76 Monroe years ago missing many parts but we were able to provide along the way.  A customer from Brazil saw it and bought it and restored it to the condition attached. If anything we should be looking at these car's as an opportunity for the next generation of collector car hobbyist and not some "Crackpots collection". As with many of us in this hobby we collect and save these cars with good intentions but time has a way of getting away from us.

Thanks 
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_0965 (1).jpeg (59.82 KB)
4769_6185399330817.jpeg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2021/11/5 9:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Indeed, this auction is an opportunity for younger collectors and enthusiast to get their first Packard.

But, the proviso is these are typical Northeast cars that have suffered the vicissitudes of copious moisture and hard winter exposure. Most all will need restoration in all aspects, mechanical, steel metal, paint, chrome trim and upholstery. Select the best you can from the lots.

For those with deep pockets and the desire to have the choicest: Lot 39 and 111 are the basis for recreating a 1941 180 LeBaron Sport Brougham, one of the 99 last series-custom LeBaron bodied Packards. It has the best proportions of all 1941 Packards, recognized as the most desirable Packard next to the Darrins.

If you buy a car or cars, please tell us and show us your acquisition(s), we'll all like to see it.

Steve

Posted on: 2021/11/5 9:58
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I’d have to win the lotto or had the foresight to purchase shib back in August of 2020 so I could afford to even think about restoring some of these primarily parts cars. But alas… we can’t all be millionaires.

There are a few in there worth saving…. But the rest…. Well I’m glad he saved them… but it would take a small fortune and with the way things are today…Idk…. Hopefully they go to good homes.

I’d take a Caribbean for $409….but I’d gladly give a few thousand more for a driver that needed some tlc.

Posted on: 2021/11/5 11:11
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved