Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Site Access
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve been away from my home IP address for over two weeks, yet the first time I tried to log back in now that I’m home, I was unable. Right now I am on cellular but from WiFi I cannot access it at all!

You are registered as BAD_IP by Protector.
This restriction will be expired on 2022-05-29 17:28:12

Posted on: 2022/5/28 20:05
 Top  Print   

Re: Site Access
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
Packard Don, I've had that same message at times on this and other sites. I think it is caused by my Virtual Private Network. The VPN masks your identity and location so the site's security system blocks access. If I turn off the VPN I can access the site in question. The funny thing is that this happens only sometimes, most times I can access these sites with the VPN turned on. I don't know why this happens.

Posted on: 2022/5/28 23:32
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I am actually an IT professional and a Web and database programmer so I understand the error itself. What I don’t understand is why I am getting it. I have no VPN and with xoops (the software used for this site), it gives that error when there are too many hits or reloads in quick succession from the same IP where it thinks it’s under attack. However, I got home close to midnight last night from Oregon and didn’t try accessing the site until this morning where I got the error immediately.

Posted on: 2022/5/29 1:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
Your experience certainly demolishes my theory that the VPN is causing this. It must be coincidental that I never experienced the BAD IP message before I subscribed to a VPN. The other site that blocks me occasionally says "ACCESS DENIED" in large print and says I am not authorized to access the site. I've been registered with them since 2015, so that's perplexing. I can only hope that someone knows the cause and can let us know what the solution is to this problem.

Posted on: 2022/5/29 20:58
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Accessed Denied is typically a file or folder permissions error but can also occur when there is a programming error.

Posted on: 2022/5/29 21:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I think Don has lost his "cookies", so to speak.
Clear out the cookie files. Probably got a new one when you left to your other place and didn't match up when you used elsewhere.
I never understood why Gates invented these? We could do without. All sorts of evil have come from them.

Posted on: 2022/5/31 15:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Bill Gates didn't invent cookies, and they are incredibly useful for storing user preferences, shopping cart info, "remember me" logins, and so much more, without the webmaster having to store data for tens or hundreds of thousands of visitors. And if you don't like them you can simply disable them in your browser.

Posted on: 2022/5/31 15:11
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I got cut off by the same "fault" today and BigKev did something, now it works again.
He needs to tell us what happened.

Microsoft(Gates & Co.) OS software petty much caused the PC and internet to flourish and hence the rise of the cookie. There's been talk and another company trying to develop a new platform that does away with alot of the microsoft issues of hacking, etc. but so far, I haven't seen any announcements. Might be a bigger development bite than they expected. He was one of the original guys, but name escapes me at the moment.

Posted on: 2022/6/3 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
BigKev fixed the same error for me once before too but he did not respond this time so I figured he was unavailable.

It is a simple security setting within the xoops software that (in this case) causes it and the last time he relaxed it a little but probably not quite enough. That said, I believe the server is Linux or Unix and I run Linux myself so Microsoft has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Posted on: 2022/6/3 20:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I run windows and when it happens, it's usually the cookie non-sense.

Posted on: 2022/6/4 8:15
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved