Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

kevinpackard, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Very nice original 1953 Clipper Deluxe just posted on Facebook
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Wanted to give this one a separate listing because it is so nice. Just posted last week. Look how straight and rust free the body is. Inside looks very well preserved for an original car, note ignition switch decal still in place on the dash. Think this one would clean up really well. Ad says it has been in storage for over 30 years. Located in East Hartford, CT:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/915988482907361/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Posted on: 2023/1/27 11:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Very nice original 1953 Clipper Deluxe just posted on Facebook
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Note the seat covers. I wonder what the material underneath is like?

Posted on: 2023/1/27 16:45
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
My all-original (other than one old repaint) and low mileage 1953 Clipper Deluxe also had seat covers since new which I removed. They were the type with the 6 or so inches of vinyl at the front of the cushion and top of the backrest with the rest of the seating area in a nylon-type material. The seats were a little dirty but otherwise beautiful underneath EXCEPT that were the seam between the vinyl and nylon was, it wore a section of the original fabric on the driver side from the chafing.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I also noticed the seat covers, but I think that the original seat fabric might still be intact. Look at the driver's door panel and arm rest. I am not seeing any wear. The paint looks original. I have a feeling that this one could be a really outstanding survivor car, but of course, the only way to know is to see the car in person.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 17:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Looks like the driver's window was open , as well as the spark plug holes and the radiator .

Yikes.

John Harley

Posted on: 2023/1/27 22:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Hi John. Agree that the car needs some work, but look at the body. It looks even nicer than Neil Donovan's '53 Clipper and that one was one of the best original unrestored cars I can recall encountering.

Posted on: 2023/1/28 14:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved