Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 154

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PAC Regional Tour Yesterday
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Very nice Packard tour yesterday hosted by PAC's Packards East (NJ) region. Started in Flemington NJ, then heading thru some rural parts of NJ (yes, there are some), over the Delaware river to Washington's Crossing Park (just north of Trenton, where G. Washington crossed for the battle of Trenton), and then on into some just lovely and rural roads in Bucks Country PA, just the perfect kind for an old car tour, narrow, winding, no traffic pressure, and great scenery. In all we transited 5 wooden covered bridges still open to vehicular traffic, most dating from about 1870 or so. Interesting "leg stretch" stop at a small hilltop grass-strip airport with a DeHavilland Gypsy Moth and Stearman biplane, both still operational.

Participating Packards were 1940 120 convertible coupe, 1942 Clipper Club Sedan, 1950 Eight sedan, 1954 Cavalier, and 1956 Executive 2-dr HT.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 10:24
 Top  Print   

Re: PAC Regional Tour Yesterday
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Dave, I envy you with all the vintage iron close at hand and folks willing to get out and drive. I did get over to ACOlds and see his Packard in progress. The hobby is even better when you can share it.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 10:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks Randy, I do consider myself lucky, having perhaps 50 Packards within 50 miles, and most owned by folks who like to tour with them. Too bad the turnout wasn't better yesterday, but the weather forecast wasn't great, though the day did turn out quite acceptable.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 13:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Some 5 or 6 years ago i attended a local Nasville PAC tour ram-rodded by one Buzz Hussey. I think it was PAC sponsored. It was a good tour and i enjoyed it. About 50 to 70 Packards showed up and we caravaned across town to the Parthanon for a tour there.

Buzz has occasionaly showed up at a few of the major local Cruise-In functions. Great man to meet and chat with.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 14:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
While on the subject of PAC tours, anyone here going on the Henry Joy IV tour this September, home-based in Saratoga Springs, New York? Sounds like a great agenda.

Attach file:

jpg  (153.83 KB)
177_4a073cfa8ccff.jpg 957X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/5/10 15:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Owen_Dyneto wrote: Very nice Packard tour yesterday........Interesting "leg stretch" stop at a small hilltop grass-strip airport with a DeHavilland Gypsy Moth and Stearman biplane, both still operational. Participating Packards were 1940 120 convertible coupe, 1942 Clipper Club Sedan, 1950 Eight sedan, 1954 Cavalier, and 1956 Executive 2-dr HT.

Dave,

Any pic's of the planes and participating Packards?

Posted on: 2009/5/10 16:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
1954 Cavalier, 1942 Clipper, 1956 Executive and 1950 Eight...

...along with a bi-plane.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.70 KB)
1445_4a07464e19740.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (32.00 KB)
1445_4a0746690d8c5.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (42.90 KB)
1445_4a07468156f65.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/5/10 16:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hey ECA, thanks for posting the photos. Do you have one of Walt's 1940 120 convertible?

The Stearman is Lycoming-powered. It'll take a few days to get a photo of the DeHavilland posted (remember, I use film). EDIT - for those interested in the airport, try www.vansantairport.com.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 17:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved