Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

leslie fisher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Anyone familiar with this car?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Packard 1956 Executive Ht w/a/c, wirewheels - $15900 (nova)
Date: 2011-05-20, 10:49AM EDT
Reply to: sale-njuns-2392198112@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Packard 1956 Executive 2dr HT 'RARE" model with a real 'eye' appeal, AIR CONDITIONED, show condition,

original interior, push button automatic transmission. ARIZONA rust free, never rust, very rare & correct chrome WIRE WHEELS,

STAINLESS steel exhaust system etc. too many upgrades to mention. Great classic, last year

for this immaculate special Classic Packard. The Imperial Palace had one at: $60,000.

it had no A/C or Wire wheels, this classic has both! have list of all the key outstanding points

1st offered @ $15,900. call: 703-451-8643

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2392198112

This off of the DC Craigslist.

This individual has been offering this car for some considerable time, seemingly at a different price each time. Bunch of red flags: "show car", all that stuff about rare wire wheels, the nonsense about the imperial palace, the repricing everytime (generally up, not down, although this listing is lower) and the conscious decision to not include pictures.

What do you know here?

Posted on: 2011/5/21 19:18
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Anyone familiar with this car?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
That might be my car for sale soon..if I can't fix the suspension!

Posted on: 2011/5/21 20:25
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

patgreen wrote:
Bunch of red flags: "show car", all that stuff about rare wire wheels

Were there any "real" Packard wire wheels offered through the company during the postwar years? I've seen some with Packard hexagons and script, but always thought they were knockoffs. If so, when was the last year that Packard offered real wire wheels, rather than wheel covers with wire accents?

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:10
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The last pre-war wire wheels were 1936 on Eight, Super8 And Twelve and they were standard equipment.

Post-war the '53 and '54 Caribbeans had chrome plated wire wheels as STANDARD EQUIPMENT. The center hubcap about 6" in diameter had a red hex in the center and the name PACKARD PACKARD in block letters. These wheels were optional on all cars 53-56 except the '54-5 Clippers with 11" brakes due to a smaller bolt pattern and thousands were sold.

The wire wheel covers were extremely rare, where we have had over 200 genuine '53-56 wire wheels we'v eonly had about a dozen of these. We and several other companies make reproductions of the genuine wire wheel and hubcap but I know of nobody who makes a hubcap for the wire wheels with a script on it.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is the description out of 54 acc folder. I believe if it would fit or could be made to fit on a car, a dealer would sell any year accessory on any year car a customer wanted.

Attach file:

jpg  (15.86 KB)
209_4ddc5ba7a0c4b.jpg 476X172 px

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My Patrician came from the factory with wire wheels, although it may be the only Pat to do so. Memory says only six 56 Caribbeans came from factory with wire wheels.
And I agree with HH56 - the dealer would sell anything to anybody to make a buck.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
So I guess what you're saying is "nonsense" , Pat, is the statement that the wire wheels are particularly "rare" as stated by the owner.

I seldom see V8 Packards on this site with the optional "real" wire wheels, nor do I recall seeing them in advertisements. If they are listed as options, then I guess they could be original if listed on the build list. Why are the wire wheel covers, which I believe were standard on '55 and '56 Caribbeans, so rare?

Posted on: 2011/5/24 21:29
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Another interesting thing is the Exec is a Clipper chassis. Were factory wires available for the Clippers?

Posted on: 2011/5/24 21:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Wire wheel covers were NOT standard on Caribbeans. They came with regular wheels just like any other Senior Packard.
Only options for Caribbean were AC and wire wheels - everything else was standard.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 0:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
Clipper/Executives have a different bolt pattern 446280 wire wheel will not fit and there are no listings for a wire wheel for a junior car. According to the data I have 6 each 5697 and 99's were shipped with wire wheels

Posted on: 2011/5/25 7:14
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved