Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

bijur tank & pump
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

David Stewart
See User information
OK, next problem, has anyone taken the tank and pump apart on the bijur system. My handle will not move at all, the tank had oil in it so I don't think it is rusted.

Posted on: 2011/12/10 16:41
 Top  Print   

Re: bijur tank & pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Bijur service manual is on this website in the Literature and Manuals section, and I have the original and some experience with the vacuum operated type; sorry but no experience with the manual tank and pump but I believe it's also discussed in the manual.

EDIT: My error, the Bijur manual on this site only covers the Type G continuous unit. Your pump may indeed be frozen but it could also be the result of a restriction in the outlet lines. Have you removed the outlet line from the tank and tried it again?

Posted on: 2011/12/10 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, I believe if you go to Tom Wilcox's Packard Paddock site you will see his work on the Bijur system of his 1930 Packard.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2011/12/11 10:09
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry for the image quality. Document source Bijur Corp. Though they no longer service these units or supply parts, you can perhaps get a better quality print from them, they are up in Vermont as I recall. Nothing complicated or exotic about the design of these units.

Let us know how you make out with putting it back in service.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.41 KB)
177_4ee4d8a8e3170.jpg 1280X929 px

Posted on: 2011/12/11 11:22
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

David Stewart
See User information
I have removed the tank from the car, emptied the oil, the shaft that the handle is(was) on will turn but the handle still will not come out. Am soaking the interior with solvent for several days and will see what happens. The image on this topic is to faint, I will see what I can get from Bijur.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 18:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Don't know if this really applies to your problem, but in restoring my Bijur pump, I ended up sweating the two halves of the tank apart, then re-soldered them together again when putting everything back together.

Jim Wayman
29 640 Phaeton

Posted on: 2011/12/24 9:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Removed the unit from my 28 526 yesterday and today tried to remove the lower cap and the hex portion just broke off. Was able to get it out but broke out a dime sized piece of the sidewall with the threads on it. I have the diagram above but do not know how to remove the plunger/spring shaft from the lower housing. Also I need to remove the tank from the lower housing to overhaul. Anyone know how these three pieces fit together?

Posted on: 2015/5/9 17:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Are the "T" junction fittings on the copper lines silver soldered or just with normal copper sweating solder like on water plumbing lines?

Posted on: 2015/5/10 17:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved