Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Marque
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
I thought I read recently that one or the other of the two "official" Packard Clubs either owns or has sole rights to the Packard Marque or Crest...can anyone confirm?

Posted on: 2012/3/8 10:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Marque
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Yes. Its PAC.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 10:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Gator,

GTO is correct. Packard Automobile Classics, The Packard Club, or PAC reminds us in their publication, The Packard Cormorant, that the Packard coat of arms, the Packard script, and the Packard name are registered trade marks of the club.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/3/8 10:53
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, see bottom of this webpage.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 10:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
So correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't their "ownership rights", and I'm just talking off the top of my head, also give them the right to re-produce or build a new design Packard line of cars today? I saw a photo somewhere online where a guy out in I believe Arizona or Nevada was building cars badged as Packards but they were'nt reproductions...more like something the Shah of Iran would special order.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 11:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You may be thinking of the Gullickson venture, the vehicle was shown in Cleveland during the 1999 Packard Centennial. He caused much bad blood and not too long ago was offering the vehicle and engineering drawing for MUCH money on eBay. Google "Gullickson" and I suspect you'll find more than you want to know. Also, this is not a new topic, so if you search this site you'll find more. The engine was sourced from Ryan-Falconer.

There were plenty of other ventures to make a "Packard", Bayliff among them and perhaps one of the better-known. An article in one of PAC's The Packard Cormorant was dedicated to a history of all these ventures between 1959 and 2008. Worth buying the back issue if you're interested and it's still available. Issue #131 I believe but best to confirm that before ordering.

Posted on: 2012/3/8 11:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved