Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Another nice afternoon drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
I delivered some parts today that I picked up from Roger to a pleasant gentleman that live near me. He offered to take my wife and I off for a Sunday afternoon drive with he and his wife in his beautifully restored 49 Packard convertible (2279). His father was the service manage for the local dealership and bought the car new so there is a great history. The car has always been in his family and still carries the original license plate on front. Another perfect Packard afternoon; wonderful car and good company.
Gene

Attach file:

jpg  (94.52 KB)
3021_4f94a8a6d8c3b.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2012/4/22 19:56
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Re: Another nice afternoon drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Gene,

Great photographs. This one and the one of Roger Lamm.
I wonder what width those whitewalls are- they look perfect on that car, and that's what I need for my '48.

Posted on: 2012/4/22 23:40
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Joey,
I did not take the one of Roger. But, I think even Roger will be surprised to learn that one of the great items I got while I was visiting at his garage will soon find a new home on this car. Roger just happens to have its twin at his house! It is a small world. This gentleman appears a private man of sorts and I've only recently met him. I took many pictures of that beautiful convertible but only posted this one because the some of the others show the late numbers.
In fact, he is not even listed in the Registry. I'll approach him on another visit and see if he'll let me enter his information or at least the car's information into the Registry considering how few there are of them.
I'll also try to remember to ask about the tires. I think he may come and visit to see the 39 Super 8 I'm trying to gather parts for.
Gene

Posted on: 2012/4/23 20:09
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Gene in Indy wrote:...This gentleman appears a private man of sorts...he is not even listed in the Registry. I'll approach him on another visit and see if he'll let me enter his information or at least the car's information into the Registry...Gene
Gene,

Never hurts to ask the question, I've done it a few times myself.

Posted on: 2012/4/23 21:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved