Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 175

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41 Wiper motor (110 Deluxe)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

REverett
See User information
Any one have detailed pictures of the electric wiper motor wiring with circuit breaker, mounting, soldering points, etc.

Re-wiring project has taken a turn for worse with currect wiring someone has done to satisfy a different agenda other that original.

Posted on: 2014/2/24 16:21
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 Wiper motor (110 Deluxe)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe the electric wipers were all S-W and if so perhaps this will help.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/StewartWarnerElectricWiperService.pdf

Posted on: 2014/2/24 16:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

REverett
See User information
That was a big help. I found that a little while ago which got me on a further journey for more info and details if that's possible.
That illustrations is what led me to realize everything I have is incorrectly done.

Thnx

Posted on: 2014/2/24 17:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This may be helpful, it's from the 1941 110/120 Owner's Manual. Location of the circuit breaker is shown.

Attach file:

jpg  (117.67 KB)
177_530bc25893aa5.jpg 821X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/2/24 17:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Haven't found any actual schematics for the SW setup. Here is another pictorial from Motor's manual showing a unit with a slightly different configuration than shown in the other articles.

Attach file:

jpg  (93.17 KB)
209_530bc9535f02f.jpg 1280X539 px

Posted on: 2014/2/24 17:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

REverett
See User information
Now we're talking. Mine is the one on the left and this is the first time I've seen any illustration of that type.
Now I'm not sure if I have the correct breaker for it. The one I have is for the other for sure however, they may use the same?

Posted on: 2014/2/24 17:53
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

REverett
See User information
Does anyone know what the wiper motor on the left of this illustration is from.
I have a 41 110 Deluxe woody wagon which has that unit but from all indicatins, it should have the one on the right.

Posted on: 2014/2/25 14:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If it's a Steward Warner and you can provide the model #, I might be able to cross-reference it to make and year. The S-W 645-E as pictured in the owner's manual is as far as I know the correct one for your car. It is also the same one that I've encountered on a 1941 110 station wagon (1463 DE).

Posted on: 2014/2/25 14:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My 47 uses the one on the left. The blade pivot distance on mine is approx 36" and probably due to the Clipper body. I have another unit with the configuration on the right. Unknown application but it's span is approx 17" so maybe for the conventional bodies.

Without comparing them closely I don't know if the motor assys would interchange. If they do, perhaps the one on the left is a later build and might have been installed in some prewars as a service item.

Posted on: 2014/2/25 15:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved