Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

Packard Don, Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 179 180 181 (182) 183 184 185 ... 509 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
BDC- Have not closed the deal yet. He is currently in Mexico for two weeks. thus far, he is kind of waffling and trying to steer me to a 28 5-26 sedan. I told him already done that.

It is a done deal if he is serious on selling.

Posted on: 2016/3/23 16:36
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank - Not enough photos to tell much more about the car except it looks to be mostly complete and in good condition. I think the big round thing on the cowl wall is for the radio speaker. It may not have come with a heater, but looks to have had a radio fitted. I would encourage your friend to contact the seller and find out more about the car and how much the owner has in mind for it.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/3/23 16:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Henry- orignial MSRP $1075 Low 10,850, avg 21,200 High 37,800 per NADA.

Keep in mind title replacement 450-900 for the title search and affidavit.

Car looks decent but alot cant tell from post. Feel the guy out and keep in mind to add in the replacement title cost.

Posted on: 2016/3/23 16:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Thanks guys. I was thinking around 10 and probably lower considering the title missing, the color, and pending condition of the powertrain.

Any idea if that cream on the firewall may be the original color?

I emailed them and we will see what happens.

Posted on: 2016/3/23 17:10
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Troy, the nada price guides for prewar cars to me is as useless as tits on a bull! If that price guide was accurate I would be a rich. I think it a good tool for postwar production cars but not to these prewar cars.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 7:20
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

BDC wrote:
Troy, the nada price guides for prewar cars to me is as useless as tits on a bull! If that price guide was accurate I would be a rich. I think it a good tool for postwar production cars but not to these prewar cars.

I have to agree. Further, I don't use it for postwar Packards either.

Consider:
NADA shows the high retail value on a 1948 Station Sedan as $127,300.00. While for a 1950 Station Sedan it's $107,900.00. Almost a $20,000.00 difference for EXACTLY the same vehicle. The only difference is the data plate.

I'm guessing these numbers are derived from high end auction houses that double as 'reality' shows.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 8:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
I agree 10,000% but I only used it as a reference against current listing and recent sales on Pre-1940's since Their is not a good data base on these.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 9:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Nada values work great on 69 mustang etc.
Henry, the value depends all on how the drivetrain is. But overall I think you're in the right ballpark.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 9:40
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
thanks guys, I emailed and text messaged questions. no response so far. I will call next. I always wonder why people post things and never respond to any of the methods of communication that are listed as acceptable.

and being its 2016...email and text are acceptable forms of first contact for initial questions before calling to set up the sale or inspection.

Posted on: 2016/3/24 9:59
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
update on the 36 in Houston.

they finally replied. said they didn't know much about it. that they got it in a storage auction.

they said the had a mechanic look and that it does not run and needs a starter. could be starter gone, needs rebuilt...or just crappy wiring. I asked if it turned by hand.

seller says they are working on getting title in their name and that the mechanic said the motor was free.

the seller says the DMV told them all they needed was a bill of sale and proof of winning the auction and they would get a new title.

I'm thinking my friend should do an initial offer of 5k. thoughts?

Posted on: 2016/3/24 14:59
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 179 180 181 (182) 183 184 185 ... 509 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved