Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
20 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 19

Michaelg-twelve, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Front Seat Floor Panel Wings
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

JMB
See User information
Quick update on my '52 300 before the questions. The front and rear suspension has been stripped and rebuilt. As has the whole brake system. The engine has been given an initial once over and is up and running relatively smoothly (although two of the freeze plugs rusted through, so they all got replaced). It still has some lifter noise, but I'm hoping MMO will take care of that - the engine has been run for less than an hour at this point after sitting idle for a long time. The car now stops and drives - and can drive out of the garage under its own power.

I'm just about to start fixing the rusted out floor pans. I've removed the front seats, which I've concluded aren't original to this car, as the bolt pattern doesn't match the original holes.

Under the front seat were the remnants of what appear to be two metal wings, coming off of the transfer tunnel. You can see them here in BigKev's picture. In my car they appear to have been cut off about 6" from the tunnel.

Seat Wings Image

I'm not sure what these are for. Are they structural to the real front seat?

Looking at the limited replacement floor panels that are available, they don't appear to include this part. Not knowing what it actually is and does, I'm not sure if I need to fabricate it or not.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

JB

Posted on: 2021/1/17 18:17
 Top  Print 

Re: Front Seat Floor Panel Wings
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've always through they were footrests and act as a deflector for the rear seat heater

Posted on: 2021/1/17 18:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Not footrests but they are diffusers or vents for the under-seat heater and we’re on all of the Packards of the era whether the option was ordered or not. That way the dealer could add it if needed.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 21:13
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

JMB
See User information
Thanks for the info. That makes sense - I thought it looked like air vents. I wasn't aware there was an under seat blower.

JB

Posted on: 2021/1/18 21:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Unless things have drastically changed, sadly the sheet metal after market parts out there aren't good nor correct. Stuck making, if you're able to.
I guess there's not enough demand to improve things.

Posted on: 2021/1/20 9:14
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved