Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

Jerry South Africa, Douwe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
There are a couple parts with group number typos. I've only found this so far.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/partslist/index.php?mode=groupnumber&SearchValue=.*&ButtonLookup=Go

Posted on: 5/26 22:14
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks. Nearly all of these were OCR'd in and as such the OCR was far from perfect based on the quality of the documents.

The 48-54 one is the best as Don went through and verified/corrected every entry.

I'll get these fixed up.

The early manuals are even worse. Especially as they predate the Group syntax/usage.

Posted on: 5/26 22:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Yeah, every once in a while I'll notice a part number is wrong, but I haven't really been keeping track. Especially to realize it's wrong, I would have to cross reference it somewhere, which I rarely need to do.

Posted on: 5/26 22:51
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I haven’t proofed the 1955-1956 section yet. Before my partner retired I had lots of time to do it but now only scraps here and there that seem to get taken up with other things!

Posted on: 5/27 10:57
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The following Parts Lists (Books) have been added to the Factory Parts List Database:

1933-1936 Eight
1932-1937 Twelve

Which means they are searchable like the later ones. They have to use a different format for display since those books pre-date the Group Number schema.

Please note, like the other ones, these have been mass imported via from data that was OCR'd. So it is bound to have some mistakes, jumbled text, or misread characters. So, double-check the information against the PDF or paper books.

I'll eventually get the Parts Plates for those added as well, but that will be after the National Meet.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 6/4 16:07
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (2)

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:
There are a couple parts with group number typos. I've only found this so far.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/partslist/index.php?mode=groupnumber&SearchValue=.*&ButtonLookup=Go

These have been fixed.

Posted on: 6/4 19:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1930-1932 Eight Parts List (Book) has been added. This one, I know, has a lot of OCR "artifacts." Instead of using normal 1/4 or 1/2 (etc.) text, it uses ¼ and ½, (etc.) symbols for the size fractions. These are so small that the OCR engine promptly converts them to gibberish. So the database will tell you it's a washer or bolt, etc., but the actual size may be garbage.

Hopefully at some point in the future someone will take up the mantel and proof the parts book data and make corrections.

Posted on: 6/8 20:30
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1924-1929 Eight Parts List (Book) has been added to the Factory Parts List database.

This one also has a lot of OCR "artifacts." Again, fractional symbols, ¼ and ½, (etc.) are turned into garbage by the OCR engine.

This will probably be the last Parts Book I attempt to add, as the earlier ones are even more challenging, and the number of cars they apply to has a very small user base.

There are over 115,000 part entries in the database encompassing the 1924 to 1956 parts books.

Posted on: 6/11 15:10
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Kev, if times permits, then be so kind to check the following: after selecting “view all topics”, any click on one of the highlighted button icons results in an error message (“website not available”).

Attach file:

jpg  road to nowhere.jpg (74.95 KB)
757_666eac49394fd.jpg 681X614 px

Posted on: Yesterday 4:11
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved