Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Back on the road again!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
Finally got my 1951 400 on the road again! The heat broke and so I took her out yesterday evening for about a 30 minute drive-all worth it!

Attach file:

jpg  20240701_063654.jpg (1,875.59 KB)
108433_668296b57e4e1.jpg 4000X1848 px

Posted on: Yesterday 6:45
 Top  Print   
Like (2)

Re: Back on the road again!
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
A very inviting scene...

Posted on: Yesterday 10:29
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Congrats on getting the car back on the road! And I agree with Tx Goat, that is a great picture. The lighting and scenery are perfect.

Posted on: Yesterday 11:13
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Brings back memories and a good looking car. I drove the same color Packard thru high school and from what I can see the same model. With the horizontal tail lights and gravel shield yours looks to be a 400 that is missing the lower side trim strip. Maybe some day the missing strip and the proper grill will again grace the car. The things I did to that car and despite all the mistreatment it almost never left me walking speaks volumes to Packard cars of that time.

Posted on: Yesterday 11:48
Howard
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Beautiful!

Posted on: Yesterday 12:18
[url=h
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
A former PAC president had an identical one that was fully decked-out with just about every conceivable option and I kept it purring for him. Odd, now that I think of it, I never rode in it but I always noticed how very low it sat.

Posted on: Yesterday 14:35
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
That's the hope!! I have the chrome for the fender in the trunk for both rear fenders, but this is the good side, the other is a mess of low-quality fender work.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 9:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I see no holes for the trim so is it a 300 with 400 rear doors or is it a 400 that is missing trim? Also I noted a junior grille without the teeth that a 300 or 400 should have so more things to look for while getting it back together. Still, it looks like a nice solid Packard.

Posted on: Today 15:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
I see no holes for the trim so is it a 300 with 400 rear doors or is it a 400 that is missing trim? Also I noted a junior grille without the teeth that a 300 or 400 should have so more things to look for while getting it back together. Still, it looks like a nice solid Packard.

I was considering buying this vehicle when it was last for sale. It's a 400.

Pretty much all these cars have/had rot in the rear fenders, even the nicer ones (and this one is pretty nice). My suspicion is someone welded on donor panels for that area, then later got into a fender bender. The alternate possible answer involves pounds of Bondo.

Posted on: Today 16:45
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved