Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 80

kevinpackard, ewrecks, 64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need photos of 3.1151 - CLUTCH CONTROL - BRACKET-PEDAL RETRACTING SPRING Bracket
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Eric Voigt
See User information
Bracket part number 446171 which I think attaches to the frame. This is for a 53 Caribbean with stick.

Please use PM to send the photos if possible so I can form a replacement.

I'll buy one if someone has a spare as well.

Thank you,
Eric

Posted on: 8/5 12:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Need photos of 3.1151 - CLUTCH CONTROL - BRACKET-PEDAL RETRACTING SPRING Bracket
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Ask studebaker museum for the drawing.

Probably $40

Posted on: 8/5 13:07
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Need photos of 3.1151 - CLUTCH CONTROL - BRACKET-PEDAL RETRACTING SPRING Bracket
Just popping in
Just popping in

49-22 Club 2 door
See User information
I'm missing the same parts on my 49. Can't seem the right parts. Guess I will try and make my own. Tired of pulling up the clutch pedal with my foot.

Posted on: 8/10 16:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Traveling now and don't have the photo with me but there is an arm to which the spring connects and which is made of hardened steel.

Edit: I found the photo on my 1951 Henney-Packard where it is compared to the one for my car. They are similar in appearance but not interchangeable with earlier types so this is the one you'll need along with the spring that attaches to it. There is also a much lighter and longer spring from the arm itself to a little steel bracket screwed to the side of the block so maybe a hint of which you need might be helpful. On the one below, the mechanism is adjustable so maybe yours needs grease, lubricating and adjustment.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 8/10 17:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if there is anything in these photos that might help you see what you are looking for but here is the clutch and a description as provided in the serviceman's training book for the 24th series models. That setup should be virtually identical in your 53.

Attach file:

jpg  Clutch.jpg (700.35 KB)
209_66b8003e41dcf.jpg 2352X1552 px

Posted on: 8/10 19:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved