Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 211

DShaff, 39SixSedanMan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 257 258 259 (260)

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As far as I know, this era of Packards should have an AC filter unit so I can't advise on the Carter type.

Posted on: Today 17:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Odd as pretty much every Clipper I've seen had this same Carter type, with the short bowl and element.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 19:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Since they were technically an accessory (PA455381), perhaps dealers installed the Carter ones as they made better margins on them. Similar to why they always used those Yankee mirrors instead of Packards own.

Also, for reference, the number on top of the Carter is their general patent number and has no relevance to the actual model of the unit.

Posted on: Today 19:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As the fuel pump was AC and the filter was an accessory to the fuel system, AC would make more sense. However, by now and with the Carter type possibly being more commonly available over the years, it would be very possible for many cars to have since been fitted with it. I used to have quite a few of them new in the box that I bought from a local auto parts store. My 1956 Clipper has Carter but it also has a Carter pump. For the earlier cars, though, the two are totally interchangeable as an assembly so it matters little which it has other than in knowing which element to use!

Posted on: Today 19:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 257 258 259 (260)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved