Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
65 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 64

CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 153 154 155 (156)

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I gave up on my horns a few days ago. All I could get from them was a little pop when I made contact with the battery and nothing after that. I am already talking with Gerry about a working left side (hi side) that he has. Will find a right side (Lo side) down the road.

I called SMS fabrics today about the carpet order I placed in May. Was told that it would ship after Labor Day. I don't know if that means soon after or a few months after.

I am still waiting for the front bumper. I have dealt with Tuscan Packard before so I knew what to expect in their shipping speeds. Good folks, slow shippers.

The attached photo is of the truck latch mechanism. I only recently media blasted it. Look at the coil spring. It does not appear to do anything. Is the end of it broken off? It looks like there should be a "hook" that loops over that tab sticking up just to the right of the spring.

Attach file:

jpg  20240821_134815_resized.jpg (750.95 KB)
5209_66c673bbe436a.jpg 1134X2016 px

Posted on: Today 18:13
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Yes your trunk latch spring is broken. Fortunately good used latches are still commonly available. I have one on my parts car, but I'd rather not sell it. Ross probably has a few, or Packards SW, or Bob in Marietta....

I may be able to fix your horn. If interested, PM me and I'll send you my address.

Posted on: Today 18:21
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
I am still waiting for the front bumper. I have dealt with Tuscan Packard before so I knew what to expect in their shipping speeds. Good folks, slow shippers.

Mike at Tucson Packards doesn't typically do the shipping himself but rather it's done by his brother at a nearby auto parts shop which is on the main road. On something large like the bumper, I'm not sure whether it's a delay in getting it properly packed or if it's just getting it out the door while also dealing with getting proper care for his ailing father. I know I've been keeping him quite busy with parts shipments and most of the time he's fast but not always.

Posted on: Today 18:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 153 154 155 (156)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved