Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

68amxgopac, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 56 Caribbean Convertible Rejuvenation
Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
Quote:

CarFreak wrote:
So I sent the generator out to get tested and found out it was toast. Completely dead, I forget the terms that were used but basically it is only good for a boat anchor. So I got another one from Max Merrit and all is good!

Tried the whole top thing... still isnt working. Goes down okay but only goes part of the way up before it just stops. I am going to do the pressure test and see if the pump is pushing out the right amount of pressure and if I am getting the correct amount of voltage back there. Can I get rebuild parts for the cylinders and pump? Does anyone know the thread size for the ports on the pump?

for my records. here is another supplier and tests to narrow down my issue:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=28673

Posted on: Today 12:20
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Caribbean Convertible Rejuvenation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Leeedy brought up a good point in that other thread that if the pump, fluid or other parts of the hydraulics is not original and is a replacement the factory pressure specs may not be accurate. If that is the case you will need to contact the seller of the pump or parts to verify what they want used.

From photos in the SM I would almost bet the port size is 1/8 NPT at the pump as that was a size Packard very often used for various tubing ports but if it is high flow or large item it could be 1/4 or even 3/8. There looks to be adapters used at the lines going into cylinders so the cylinder ports might be one of the larger sizes. I didn't see any sizes mentioned in the parts book to verify my guesses though.

If you have some way of measuring such as a micrometer that will fit the space between the hose fitting and port you might check the OD of the threads on the fittings. The visible outside of thread part going into the port for 1/8 would be fairly close to the .405 dimension listed at D in this chart . 1/4 or 3/8 OD diameter is also mentioned in the chart.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 12:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved