Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Provenance of Ultramatic Tools
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Some time ago I bought a large set of Ultramatic tools from the Alberta Packard Club (attached). Fast forward, at Hershey this year I was standing some distance from my tent when I noticed an older gentleman rolled up and was looking at my booth a bit closer than usual. Clearly a Packard fellow. So I walked over and we started talking.

I mentioned how I do work on Ultramatics, and somehow someone brought up this lot of tools. I told him that I owned those, and he said that he was the one that originally bought them from the retired Packard mechanic!

They were bought by the Harry Forester dealership in Alberta, then taken home by Norm Graftaas when the Packard business dried up. From there, Peter Bunn bought them (the gentleman I spoke to) and they stayed with the club for the ensuing decades before I picked them up. Now they are tucked away in my basement in Pittsburgh.

So now I have more provenance on my bushing extractors than my cars. Oh well 😅. I thought this was such a nice coincidence to have met.

Attach file:

pdf Ultramatic Trans Tools.pdf Size: 1,157.96 KB; Hits: 29

Posted on: Today 8:13
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Provenance of Ultramatic Tools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Great story and impressing set of tools.

Posted on: Today 9:44
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Re: Provenance of Ultramatic Tools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Great back story and simply an amazing set of tools and testers. Thanks for sharing all the pictures with the detail on each one.

Best regards

Posted on: Today 14:46
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved