Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
38 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 37

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 80 81 82 (83) 84 85 86 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
thanks for the picture. can you tell me the benefit of the later model...what does it do different, just for my own knowledge.

thanks,

Hank

Posted on: 2011/4/4 23:11
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, missed seeing you and your family at Salado this year. Looking forward to seeing the Packard Plant door you were going to sell. Maybe next year. Take care.
(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah sorry about that. i got pretty sick the night before and just didn't feel up to it. ironically my dad was going to come as well and he also got sick. weird.

sometimes things happen for a reason. so no telling why we both got sick.

the next day we felt better after a while, so we just bonded a different way by going to the gun range. Colt AR-15, .357 magnum, .38 special, 1880s .38 long colt revolver, .32 snub nose hammerless, 1940s .22 rifle single bolt. you know, just a variety of fun. so, we salvaged the day even though it was later in the day.

yeah next year i hope to have this drivetrain all installed and will bring the car back along with the door if it has not sold. (yes it is still for sale) even if it does sell i have the other one i can bring for display only.

i'm still waiting on a bunch of parts, which hopefully will be comming soon. then i can get more machine work started up. that all works out though cause my z3 needed some work and now my boat needs repairs before we go camping at the end of May.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/4/5 15:06
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
thanks for the picture. can you tell me the benefit of the later model...what does it do different, just for my own knowledge.

Increases oil volume and pressure to the lifters. It's an important part of the revisions that addressed the noisy lifter issue. I wouldn't think you should consider a V8 a driver w/o making the changeover. Maybe you want to discuss with Jack Vines?

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yes i plan to make the change over, just had to find out for Jack if i had the old style or new style....and i figured i had the old style since my motor/car was around March 55.

thanks again,

Hank

Posted on: 2011/4/6 8:26
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, any progress on the Clipper?

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/5/12 10:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
man i wish.....i've been waiting on parts for a good while now. i am working with this person, who happened to just break there leg and i didn't know that. they are getting better now and i should have a price on shipping everything by next week sometime. i'm sure he will come through this time and i hope he gets better every day.

once that stuff comes in i can proceed with the new block and get it cleaned and bored out for the 374 pistons. then i can start putting things together.

hang in there....trust me...i'm ready to get moving on it too....its upseting me a bit that i haven't done anything.

thanks for asking

Hank

Posted on: 2011/5/12 12:22
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well, project blog seems to have just stopped.......but.....

PARTS SHOULD BE SHIPPING OUT TODAY!!! YAY!!!!

all the parts i ordered from Jack are finally ready, minus the valve springs as the people that were making them decided to not make them anymore. i think its just because they knew i was getting my cam redone. jerks.....oh well Jack is finding me a suitable replacement.

once the parts get here i can finally take in the block and get it check and bored and pay Mike for it. Hopefully it is a good block.

i did notice that Max Merrit has the gasket set for this motor for 145, but Kanter is 175....Fred why the huge difference if you are reading this?

Later,

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/13 8:26
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

cli55er wrote:
my boat needs repairs before we go camping at the end of May.

Hank

I hear you about the boat repairs. Here it is the middle of June and I'm not done yet. Hope you had better luck!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 0:03
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah.....boat is for sell. lol. its taking up garage space and just sucking my money for nothing.

i finished all the work and it runs great now, its just not for us.

anyone interested pm me and i'll give you details.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/16 8:22
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 80 81 82 (83) 84 85 86 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved