Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
50 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 48

29- 640 Club Sedan, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 81 82 83 (84) 85 86 87 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well i just recieved some great news.....NOT!

fedex just called and the shipment i have been waiting for just hit the floor after the box fell open.

meaning the crank, from unspecified height, fell out of the box and hit the floor. yeah....great!

well, Mr. Greene, what do you want to do send it back....no you idiots deliver it and i deal with whatever is missing i guess.

i hope i don't have to get the crank rebalanced or whatever...i'll have to tell Jack.

i'm not 100% sure if it is the crank or the cam though...i just looked up the packages and all are coming today except a 13 lb box...i bet that is the cam and not the crank that fell out. well see.

this sucks!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 8:37
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well i got the box with the pistons in it. you can tell it was opened and then restapled shut. but everything inside appears to be okay.

the bigger heaver box with the crank in it is due today also, but the driver that just came didn't have that box. weird. so, we will see when that box comes.

enjoy the photos for now.

all ballanced (i'm guessing that is why some of them have the cuts taken out on the bottoms) 374 original Packard pistons= Happy Hanky

Attach file:

jpg  (185.75 KB)
491_4dfa20605fba9.jpg 1200X1600 px

jpg  (131.47 KB)
491_4dfa208232733.jpg 1200X1600 px

jpg  (111.27 KB)
491_4dfa2426416de.jpg 1200X1600 px

jpg  (98.12 KB)
491_4dfa24bcade97.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/6/16 10:44
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
incase anyone was wondering these rings appear to be for a 455 olds. seem to be perfect fit. this is for 4.125" bore.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:48
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
why does it seem that things aren't looking up for me.

my wife gets out of the house for the first time in a week to take my son to the park and the fedex truck comes during that time and it needs a signature....well...now i get to wait till monday. i even called they wont round back to my house or drop it off at a location near my house. so yippee flipping doo daa.

i've been waiting this long i guess 2 more days wont hurt right......i just need to get over it.

hard not to get mad since they screwed up the packages yesterday and let my parts fly out all over the floor and today they come when my wife is gone....fyi....they normally come in the afternoon....like 5-8pm every other time has been this way...but not today. beginning to not like fedex.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/17 10:51
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, disappointing missing the FedEx delivery. Hard to keep things in perspective when the expectations are so high. Having the parts there for the weekend would have been nice, but not necessary. Difficult to compare two days delay to the long time you will be working on and have the Clipper. It is going to be a great Packard.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/6/17 11:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That is always the way.

I hate it when I geared up to work on the car during a weekend, and the parts don't arrive in time. Then Monday comes around, and life gets in the way and you can't get back out there till the next weekend.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 11:31
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Best to chill and not elevate the blood pressure. As I started to say yesterday, UPS does the same. At least you got a phone call from Fedex. On a UPS shipment I was expecting that had been damaged, they just noted on their tracking site "customer refused delivery" with not even an attempt to deliver. I know because I had been home all day waiting based on their original ETA. Checking their site when it didn't show was how I found out about any problem. As to delivery time, they use their own timeframe as well. Anywhere from 9AM till as late as 7:30PM for a regular delivery package here.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 11:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This is why I typically have everything shipped to my office address. The shippers tend to be a bit more prompt and professional when they are delivering to a business address. Also there is always someone to take delivery, and I don't have to worry about a package being felt out in the open on my front step.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 11:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I've missed important FedEx packages before and they let me pick them up at their main depot after the truck returns. Maybe that is an option for you?

Posted on: 2011/6/17 12:10
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah i have gone to the main place before but that was after they told me they gave up on trying to deliver it. i lived alone back in those days. lol

i may call and ask if i can come get it on saturday though.

thanks for reminding me.

just got off the phone with the machine shop about my block. should be taking that in soon.

and as far as the blood pressure, you're right, i just had to sit back and starting reading a book....i got over it.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/17 12:22
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 81 82 83 (84) 85 86 87 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved