Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 clipper super
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
Does anyone know where i could get a front passenger side fender at?

Posted on: 2012/1/7 15:38
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 clipper super
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Mike Dulinskihttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/mxdirectory/singlelink.php?cid=3&lid=230 might be a good place to start. He has many parts cars and deals in 55-6 used items.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 16:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I also have one, but MN is closer to PA than NV, so check with Mike first.

Craig

Posted on: 2012/1/7 19:01
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I don't have my parts manual handy, but a 55 fender might fit. The rear fenders were changed for 1956, but I believe the fronts did not. This might broaden your parts availability.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 13:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Different numbers but the 56 number is one starting with a 6xxxxxx so maybe similar enough. I haven't figured out or found any info on whether they just changed the numbering system in 56, or was an actual parts difference if an item was remade or both when they stopped using the old 4xxxxx six digit format and went to the 7 digit. Some items look identical and will interchange in 55-6 yet have different numbers.

Aside from chrome mounting holes, I do remember some differences on some fenders. Wasn't there a crown or crease like line on top of 55 fenders or was that only on the seniors.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 13:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
On the 56 Clipper Supers front fenders, there is an opening at the front bottom of the fender for side marker lights. I was going to see about 55 fenders but they dont have the openings. i would have to cut out a hole and add a backing to it like on the 56 clipper supers. Thanks anyway. I had emailed Mike about fenders i am waiting for him to get back to me.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 15:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Phone him...it's quicker and usually fascinating....

Posted on: 2012/1/8 16:35
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Howard -

Among my private stock, I have an NOS 55 Junior (LH), an NOS 56 Clipper (LH), a used 56 Exec (RH) fender, and a pair of used 56 Senior (RH & LH) fenders. Though all are buried in offsite storage, I may be able to provide some insights from recollections.

However, after writing them up and hitting the "Submit" button, I found myself coming back to edit this post, repeatedly with additional points as they came to mind. Eventually, I moved the relevant text to a new post in the FAQ Forum - FENDERS & SHEET METAL: Front Fenders - 1955 vs. 1956. If anyone feels that I've missed any important points or am in error, please advise in this thread, and I'll take it under advisement.

Regarding the change in Packard's part numbering sequence, the "6" prefix was added, I believe, to avoid a conflict with Studebaker's own part numbering sequence, as they erged their parts warehousing and distribution systems.

Posted on: 2012/1/8 21:41
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
ya i got a reply from Mike he has one there for the taking. thanks for all the posts.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 16:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved