Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

fuel pump identification
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

azclassiccoach
See User information
Hi, my name is Mike. I am new to the forum discussion boards and this is my first Packard build.

I am trying to reassemble a 1948 Packard super eight with a 327 straight 8 and need help identifying the fuel pump that came in the car's bucket of parts. It doesn't seem to be the proper one for the car and I have already purchased the proper one, but have yet to figure out what this one fits.

The ONLY stamping or imprinting on the whole thing says 'Made in the USA'. Included is a picture of it. I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone may have on how to identify this fuel pump. Thanks a lot, Mike.

Attach file:

jpg  (87.90 KB)
4279_4f73b2636332e.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (63.42 KB)
4279_4f73b2862f490.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (157.92 KB)
4279_4f73b30e73433.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/3/28 19:56
Mike
 Top  Print   

Re: fuel pump identification
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mike, welcome to PackardInfo.com.

I'm firmly convinced that our experts will help you as soon as time permits. To shorten the time you could skim over the project blog from Charles (51Packard) because it contains a lot of information on how to identify another fuel pump. Perhaps you can benefit from the given information. It starts at "post" --> #490 intermittently extending over three pages.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 21:18
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Mike, Welcome to Packardinfo. Glad to have you on board and good luck with your 22nd series Packard.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 23:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one here has a suggestion, Then and Nowhttp://www.maritimedragracing.com/antique_auto_parts_cellar.htm has a chart showing AC pumps that can be downloaded. A couple of illustrations look close but as they mention, there could be many variations on a model. They offer to help identify pumps if numbers can't be found. Of course, they probably want to sell a kit also.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 23:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved