Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Will The Holly Sniper Fuel Injection Fit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
This looks like a similar bolt pattern but not sure and it's a big investment to find out.

It's for a Carter BBD and not the WGD which is on the car currently. This would be a great upgrade if it would fit.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/sniper_efi_bbd_for_jeep_cj/

Attach file:

png  Screenshot_20220711-011400.png (647.73 KB)
3759_62cbdbf8be881.png 1079X1570 px

Posted on: 2022/7/11 3:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Will The Holly Sniper Fuel Injection Fit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information

Posted on: 2022/7/11 5:01
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Would be quite involved. Needs 12V and O2 sensor installed.
Nothing wrong with a WGD if it's been properly rebuilt and linkage is all there.

Posted on: 2022/7/11 12:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
Thanks for the link, seems the bolt pattern should be the same and wouldn't need the adapter.

Posted on: 2022/7/11 22:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
Yeah would think it would be more reliable to drive around, rebuilt the fuel pump and carburetor and it didn't seem to last very long.

Posted on: 2022/7/11 22:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The 6v to 12v conversion doesn't seem to be all that difficult. That opens up some possibilities.

Posted on: 2022/7/12 4:34
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
This is obviously just my own opinion but I am not sure why people think that converting to 12v, adding electric fuel pumps, putting in disc brakes and an entire myriad of other things are improvements or upgrades! These cars were dependable for 60+ years as they were deigned and engineered so the best improvements are to properly rebuild what’s there.

That said, some things are fun to contemplate such as valve body injection but are they improvements? I don’t think so especially as they make the car into something other than a Packard.

Posted on: 2022/7/12 11:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
if they weren't upgrades and improvements, the entire automotive industry would still be building them like back then...but they don't...because they are improvements.

dependable...yes....reliable...mostly...simple...very.

not to say "properly" rebuilt and maintained isn't going to get you several years of service.....but the things you list are def improvements.

for the life of me i can't figure out why nascar and F1 doesn't use drum brakes and 6volt and mechanical fuel pumps.....all kinds of different perspectives here.

def not harping....there is a big appreciation for an all original car in my eyes....but my 37 has seen a MASSIVE improvement since i rewired....have an alternator....12v....EFI....led bulbs....etc etc. but hey...i'm still running points ignition...so I def agree with you and disagree at the same time. Would i try an ignition system that would be controlled by my new EFI unit...yup...but i like the points too.

I wonder if anyone said seatbelts and airbags were not improvements too. They probably did....but they are.

to your point...yeah its not what Packard built it as....but just as there is a place in Pebble Beach for an all original....there is a place for my car as well in this world. and i can see your point cause i hate it when i see a Packard with a Chevy v8....

Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
This is obviously just my own opinion but I am not sure why people think that converting to 12v, adding electric fuel pumps, putting in disc brakes and an entire myriad of other things are improvements or upgrades! These cars were dependable for 60+ years as they were deigned and engineered so the best improvements are to properly rebuild what’s there.

That said, some things are fun to contemplate such as valve body injection but are they improvements? I don’t think so especially as they make the car into something other than a Packard.

Posted on: 2022/7/30 12:48
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
If i can make EFI fit on my 37....this is doable too.

Quote:

oregonstan wrote:
This looks like a similar bolt pattern but not sure and it's a big investment to find out.

It's for a Carter BBD and not the WGD which is on the car currently. This would be a great upgrade if it would fit.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/sniper_efi_bbd_for_jeep_cj/

Posted on: 2022/7/30 12:53
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You think this is an interesting discussion, just wait until someone posts here about doing an electric conversion. Can't wait.

Posted on: 2022/7/30 13:20
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved