Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Someone said Packards were expensive?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think it is link related because he is also mentioning problems in the 54 limo thread. Don't believe anyone else has mentioned having any of the same problems. The slow I'm experiencing may be because multitudes are on line spending money.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 22:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It just goes to show that perhaps the rich don't deserve what they have. I have never understood why paying millions for dead artist's paintings make sense when the same artists were scorned by the rich when they were alive.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 23:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I don't understand your sentiment. People buy those paintings because they value them. Same reason we buy Packards and a 34 V12 or 56 Caribbean costs a lot more than when it was new. My other hobby is old toy trains. I can't buy a 1929 IVES Olympian for the same price it was in 1929.
How do you know artists were scorned? It seems to me many of them were greatly appreciated and lauded for their efforts.

My opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it, is that the rich or anyone for that matter deserve every thing they have either by dint of their ancestors foresight and labor or their own. I aspire to be more wealthy and to have my children be even more comfortable in life.
To that end, I probably shouldn't be buying Packards and old trains.

Posted on: 2012/11/27 9:32
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
NO edits made on my side. Could just have been a "glitch in the matrix" so to speak. We shall keep an eye on it. But if you fear something is wrong, then please change your password as a safety precaution. Password are not stored in their original form, but in the a MD5 hash. So if someone getting into your account, it's because they guessed your password or skimmed it from your own computer (malware), and not because they read it from a file here.

Posted on: 2012/11/27 11:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved