Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
194 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 192

Owen_Dyneto, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Mechanic Training films?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I remember watching these training film strips as a young boy. My father would bring home the latest strips and records and we would have a night of entertainment. He had the whole set consisting of projector, player with speaker, and screen. I wonder what ever happened to it.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/7/30 10:47
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I recorded this from a record to a 4-track, then digitized it to a file through a video camera. 1940 Packard "Building A Masterpiece"

At least you can get an idea of what these sound like, beeps, scratches and all.

http://www.mktx.com/joe/BuildingAMasterpiece.mov

There's several seconds of air at the front.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 11:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Joe - Thanks for posting this link. It sure brings back memories with those periodic beeps. I could get audio, but no video.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:09
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
don't think there is video. its just audio captured with a video camera.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:14
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, yes - of course this is what Joe said in his posting.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:16
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I made transparency slides of the visuals years ago. They need to be scanned and programmed into a show using this audio. I can run the show as a 3-projector automated slide show with some equipment I have. I have a son who wants to convert it to all digital, so I made the digital recording for him. When I have it, I'll post it, JW.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Mnrhuff,

Looks like an interesting find. Some good advice above, if I may suggest using a can of compressed air to initially clean the vinyl and then wet with distilled water. Take some Ivory Liquid dish-washing soap and apply with finger tip following the grooves toward center. Rinse with distilled water and let dry in dish rack. Should clean up audio very nicely.

Try digital recording device of your choice from the phonograph. Maybe there is a sound studio near you that can transfer the vinyl to file. I have seen turntables listed at B&H Photo Video that you can plug into your computer to digitize your record collection. If you are using a Mac, scans and sound file can be imported into iMovie. Not sure of similar PC program.

Posted on: 2013/7/30 16:30
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mark Huff
See User information
Thanks for all the input... I didnt think there would be so many out there that has seen this stuff. Since they are for around 47 or 48 model year and im working on a 52 im not sure how much help they'll be. For now I'll have to rely on the books and advise on here. If there is anyone else out there needing the 47/48 year stuff let me know and ill get in gear on it and see if I can find a few audio gurus out there for assistance.

As for now the wiring on the 300 is giving me fits... this old wire is a mess. Running and apparently charging, but the parking lights and blinkers have a mind of there own....

Posted on: 2013/7/30 18:25
25 years in the MP Corps never prepared me for a 52 Packard that sat sealed off from the world for 40 years!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
With the training films the transcription records (larger than standard size records) provide the audio companion for the filmstrips. They take a bit of time to convert but are great to watch

Posted on: 2013/7/31 5:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved