Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: headaches and miseries..what are these parts for
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The more I look at them the less I think they are seat risers; no need for the screws & too narrow and no need for the chamfer on one edge - wherever they go the chamfer is important either for appearance or function.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 11:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
After helping my friend with his father's 1936 Dietrich 120B Convertible Sedan, I recognized these two wood pieces immediately. They seem similar, if not identical, to the seat track spacers found under the front seat of a 120B. There should be one countersunk screw, and two more holes a bit back on both pieces. The wood was painted a flat black.

Once his seat leather was replaced, it only took us a few minutes to re-fit the wood spacers into the existing floor holes. I'd imagine that a rather tall owner might elect to have the dealer remove them for more clearance under the steering wheel. I'm six feet tall, and the seat height with spacers installed, seems just right.

Once again, a 1936 car like my friend's, would not have any Phillips head screws unless it was one of those new Cadillacs where they debuted. A later car, like the one in question, might or might not have them instead of the slotted variety.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 11:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
Again, Thanks all for the input. These are of oak lumber, painted black and counter sunk for 5/16". I am looking thru plastic bags of fastenings to see if there are four machine screws that size. There are other parts of the front seat assembly that are also oak and painted black so pretty sure these are from that car. (most of the other cars these guys were working on were late 50's to 60's classic muscle cars and early Broncos.
Desk Drver....sent a few more pics with a 5/16 joint peg as reference to the holes. No screws are in the blocks of wood.

Attach file:

jpg  (81.73 KB)
97266_55ff0ef9cf30f.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (63.27 KB)
97266_55ff0f0c04b19.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:55
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
Desk Driver...
I went back to OP and looked at the wood blocks again. Dang if there doesn't look like there is a Phillips head dry wall screw in the hole. I took the block and twisted and turned it in different light and different angles and I can see the ghost Phillips head. It is a check in the grain and a dark streak of black paint that gives the illusion. You weren't see'n things but then again....the hole is empty though!

Posted on: 2015/9/20 15:13
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
OK....Mystery solved on wooden blocks. They are the transition blocks that fit at the jump seat pivot point brackets to protect carpet from sharp edges of floor pan. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. who knows, this might be my new career making these for replacements ;)

Attach file:

jpg  (150.64 KB)
97266_5633cae5130f4.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/10/30 14:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved