Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
252 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 250

John Sauser, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: A piece of history?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Fred, congratulations on your Packard. I'm pleasantly surprised with your excellent knowledge of the English language! I visited and worked in France several times and outside of Paris English is non existing. (The good thing about that was that I was forced to learn French). Today I speak enough French to get me in trouble but not enough to get out of trouble .
I'm glad my CL roaming is of some service to other PI-members.

Posted on: 2017/1/12 10:16
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

PP56FR wrote:
Indeed, this is a very late import (end of 2016). I know of one 1956 Caribbean export (which belonged to Edith Piaf, at display in a museum here) and one 1956 Patrician (with a kph speedometer) that was once for sale here in a rather rough condition, many many years ago. And there is/was another 1956 Patrician that appeared in a magazine 21 years ago. Not idea how many Packard were exported here, but a few were.

I will contact the Studebaker National Museum. Thanks for the link!

Fred

Ohhhhhhhh! THAT is one very beautiful 1956 Patrician. I once had one identical with factory air. It was solid Roman Copper with brown interior. Beautiful car... and the color would have pleased Ed Macauley very, very much!

Posted on: 2017/1/12 15:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:
(Quote:
...Don't believe Craigslist operates in France...

Mal (Ozstatman), my fellow believer, Craigslist operates in France. Attached a list of French regions, listed at CL. Would you like to buy -> a very French car in Lyon?

Gerd,
Once again I stand corrected! My apologies to all the French Craigslistophiles.

Posted on: 2017/1/12 15:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PP56FR
See User information
Quote:

BDC wrote:
Fred, congratulations on your Packard. I'm pleasantly surprised with your excellent knowledge of the English language! I visited and worked in France several times and outside of Paris English is non existing. (The good thing about that was that I was forced to learn French). Today I speak enough French to get me in trouble but not enough to get out of trouble .
I'm glad my CL roaming is of some service to other PI-members.

Working for an US company for the last 18 years helps a bit to speak English, as this is my daily work language in fact. But I agree, the French are not known for their mastering of Shakespeare's mother tongue.

I will let the members here know when I get eventually more information about the Patrician from the Studebaker museum. For sure, I wasn't expecting to own one of the last ones.

Posted on: 2017/1/12 16:56
Fred
1956 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PP56FR
See User information
I received my Car Production Order copy, and a "In transit Receipt in lieu of bill of lading" document.

The production order shows "hold at factory for storage" with a date stamped next to it: JUN 26 1956. How should I understand that date?

The other document, also dated Jun 26 (hand written), shows shipment to a retail store in Pittsburgh, PA.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 12:46
Fred
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Let us know how many times your Packard is referred to as a "Panhard."

Posted on: 2017/2/6 17:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
My 1956 400/Esquire hardtop Production Order shows a date of the week before yours and a similar "hold" for presumably short term storage at a nearby lot. A day or so later, there is a shipping slip showing DuBois Motors in Arlington, VA as its destination. Similarly, my documents for the Executive hardtop, built in March 1956, shows a similar factory storage notation. I assumed this was the usual and customary way of saying that the cars would be parked until the appropriate shipping conveyance (truck or train) was ready to take them away. The Executive was shipped to Earl C. Anthony, Los Angeles, CA.

Both documents for both cars have handwritten notations on them (in a very nice cursive script, perhaps a woman's?) of the car's lock and trunk key codes. I suppose that this was noted somewhat late in the production process with matching keys and tumblers of whatever was next to be grabbed from the key/tumbler bins. The notes were there to inform the shipper, dealer, parts department of what locks were on the car as it left Detroit in case the keys got lost along the way.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 19:49
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PP56FR
See User information
Yes, my documents show elegant cursive hand notes as well, with the keys references. I just wonder why the production order is stamped June 26 when production ceased on June 25. I can understand a shipment the day after, but I'm a bit puzzled with the date on the production order and its meaning.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 5:09
Fred
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PP56FR
See User information
Quote:

bkazmer wrote:
Let us know how many times your Packard is referred to as a "Panhard."

Indeed! But I think I'll rather hear "That's a nice Cadillac".

Posted on: 2017/2/7 5:26
Fred
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
What state (in the USA) did this car come from?

Posted on: 2017/2/7 9:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved