Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Creative Industries of Detroit book
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:
Quote:
"... I had personal friends who worked on these cars at Creative Industries, so the stories are primarily first-hand.

I don't know the difference between friends and personal friends but I know the difference between first-hand and second-hand.

I am Viet Nam veteran... and I know the difference between bait and fish... but I also know the difference between excess and B.S. You see, I've walked past a few caves before... and I knew what was waiting inside-without having to look.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 18:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Hemming has this fairly extensive excerpt from Leon's Creative Industries of Detroit book.

Posted on: 2017/4/2 19:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The video in this thread on the AACA Website "features" Leon Dixon(Leeedy) at about the 15 second mark. together with his Creative Industries book.

Posted on: 2019/2/16 21:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
A new web site about Creative Industries will be coming soon, so watch for it. This new site will include unusual information (and photos) about Packard and other cars that we could not squeeze into the book. Stay tuned!

Posted on: 2019/3/2 11:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
I wanted to pass along some sad news to all Packard fans and vintage automotive fans as well. Verne T. Koppin, former President of Creative Industries of Detroit (the company in the book of the same name) has passed away on March 2, 2019. Verne was 99 years old. Mr. Koppin is survived by two daughters and his son, Steve who also worked at Creative Industries of Detroit.

Verne had numerous positions with Creative Industries before ultimately becoming president and joint owner with Richard Leasia. As many of you know, Creative Industries of Detroit was the last major contractor to Studebaker-Packard for specialty vehicles and concept cars. Creative was also the actual location of part of Packard Styling studios when Packard came to a sudden end. Creative was responsible for several Packard concepts including Balboa, the Panthers, the Request and more. Creative also repaired and maintained the Packard Predictor and built some of the full-sized 1957 models. They also did the set-ups for all Caribbeans in addition to doing special non-production 1955 Caribbean hardtops and work on the original Packard Pan American.

Attach file:

jpg  (84.68 KB)
1249_5c8fd93b5caab.jpg 1097X1006 px

Posted on: 2019/3/18 12:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved