Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 197

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: A strange Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The cross ram manifold very nearly aligns with the Packard heads. Just thinking.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 21:06
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Ross, is that a '52 Packard in the background?

Posted on: 2010/3/26 21:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That intake looks pretty menacing on the Packard V8. Does it just need a spacer/adapter to bolt up to the oem manifold?

Posted on: 2010/3/26 21:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Most likely will have to cut holes in the inner fender skirt to acomodate the MoPar ram.

But if the moPar ram closely fits the heads then what about a standard Mopar intake either 2x4 or just 4 bbl???

Posted on: 2010/3/26 21:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
The cross ram manifold very nearly aligns with the Packard heads. Just thinking.

Yeah, that's what TurboPacman claims. The reason it fits is because there's no left-right offset to worry about.

I was just wondering how it fits in ACTUALITY.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/3/26 22:30
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are probably some old threads at AACA forum if they weren't deleted. IIRC, the consensus was close but not quite a cigar. Think some slight cleanup was needed for the head/manifold angles but again, IIRC, the bigger issue was some ports not quite lining up and one or the other side needed enlarging but not much metal to work with & would be very thin when done.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 22:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Our thoughts are to make relatively thick adapter plates to aid in the port transition and bolt-up issues without having to hack expensive hardware. As I said, just playing.

The car in the background is a 51 business coupe, bought off ebay. Sadly the platform had been removed.

Posted on: 2010/3/27 7:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
I too prefer the low-line Plain Jane stripper models... you see far fewer of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were fewer actually left, either, despite higher production numbers. For 10,20,30 years after they were made, no one thought to save a lowly DeLuxe. Try to find a nice original one now. Sometimes less really is more.

Posted on: 2010/3/27 17:21
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Well put Randerson. Less is more. Why would someone purchase a no option car like a Cadillac, Packard, or Benz? They almost wouldn't. So in that thought process there should be hardly any left.

My car has almost no upgrades. I think this was due to the fact it was bought with dirty intentions on a low budget. I found the original owners son this winter and he stated it was bought just for hauling 'shine.

Posted on: 2010/3/27 17:46
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Randerson

Actually, I've been surprised by the number of '55 & '56 Clipper DeLuxes that continually turn up. I see them on eBay, Craigslist and other sources. Just offhand, in the last five years, I've seen ads for over a dozen for sale, in all conditions.

There were the three '56 Deluxes at that Wisconsin auction last year; a black and white '56 DeLuxe has been on Craigslist in the Pittsburgh area on and off. I ran across a nice original light green '56 DeLuxe at Hershey a couple years ago. On a '05 trip to Riverhead, L.I. with a friend, on a seedy used car lot sat a black '56 DeLuxe.

I can think of a number of '55 DeLuxes that have shown up on eBay over the years, one a light green sedan in the Ithaca, NY area. When I travel to Colorado on Amtrak, I spot two '55 DeLuxes in midwest junk yards from the train.

For the fun of it, when I spot a '55 or '56 DeLuxe on-line, I'll post it on here over the next year, see how many I can spot.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/3/28 7:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved