Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 206

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: The Packard Plant in the news
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
This might be a bit off topic, but would someone explain to me why we in America continue to treat anything old as anathema? As I look at Big Kev's picture, I can't help but notice the "1907" and wonder why a building less than 110 years old could be simply "discarded" as this this one has? I realize this is no church, government building or other structure steeped in cultural meaning, but it's certainly a well built facility that should be adaptable for some positive use (or failing that, "moth-balled" until a use could be identified). I'm not naive -I live in Cleveland where similar sites are prevalent- but I have never understood why our nation so easily and so often disregards our own history and traditions.

Maybe one of our European friends who frequent this site can chime in on this. They in Europe manage to preserve a fair number of useful structures that are far older than a crummy 103 years.

Posted on: 2010/7/10 23:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, these are just a couple of photos that the previous owner provided with the car. There is one of James Nance departing the Clipper, the car at the Proving Grounds in the early days of its restoration, and others. I was attracted to the Clipper because of its long history with its well known, knowledgeable, and caring owner. It took me a long time to get the Clipper, but the wait was worth it. Hopefully, it will be at Salado next year.

Posted on: 2010/7/11 10:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Had Discovery Channel on this evening and there was an episode of "Ultimate Car Build Off" on that was located in Detroit. The testing of the cars was done within the shadows of the Plant property.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 2:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved