Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 101

moodydavid16, Jack Vines, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Hubcaps for a 1940 One Ten... and other early features
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Packard41
See User information
Henney seemed to favor the "script" style hubcap for their hearses. The cars shown in their catalogs for 1940, 1941 and 1942 all have the script hubcaps.

Perhaps they preferred the non-model designating styling of the script hubcaps. The Henneys were an interesting mix of 120 and 160/180 bits and pieces.

Posted on: 2010/10/26 21:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
HI,

Fred Kanter here, just starting to be in the 21st century and use Packardinfo!! The info on the change in '40 caps is correct. We produce and accurately advertise many hubcaps and it isn't that our 1940 caps "won't fit" the 110, they are advertised for the 120. 40-41 Six cyl cars use a samller diam, less domed cap whjich we don't make.

However we do have some NOS caps for the 110, not sure how many and whether block letter or script. Contact me personally at fred@kanter.com with which type and how many you need, I'll check stock.now

Keep in mind that the original caps and our repros are made identically, steel undershell with chromed brass skin for finer detail and cannot rust. They look, feel and weigh the same.

Original equipment caps in the 30's were made this way for durability (non-rust). Bill Hirsch's caps are one layer steel with chrome plating, and despite his claims years ago they are NOT the same as original. I've seen many of those caps with pitting and rust. I have to laugh at his claims that thye are easy to take dents out of, ever see a 30's Packard cap that has a curb scar? Unrepairable no matter what it's made from.

NOw as to his years ago claims that they are made in the original factory, he had them made in Spain and now in Taiwan!! NOw as to "Once these are sold out no more will be made" Really, he made them in the 80's in Spain and is still selling the same lot?? But how about having them made now in Taiwan??

Part of my coming into the 21st century is that now there is a place to tell the truth about what really goes on.

Fred Kanter
Kanter Auto Products
Boonton nj 07005

Posted on: 2010/11/9 20:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Fred, It is really great to have you "onboard" so to speak with your knowledge and insights of Packard cars. I have done business with your company (especially Stuart Blond) for several years and it has been a great experience.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Interesting to know about the brass outer shell wheel cover that is chrome plated. I have a brass outer shell that has not been plated. It came with a bunch of other stuff with my 115C Convertible Coupe. Now I know what it is. I am using it as a shade for a desk lamp I built. Quite attractive.

(o{I}o)

P.S. Thanks for joining the group, Fred. Nice to have you aboard.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 22:30
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
To JW etc

Nice to be here, I'm finally in the 21st century not to mention a new millenium. I was afraid of trhe 21st, thought the Packrds might be extinct by now. Glad to see they're still running strong..

Regards,

Fred Kanter

Posted on: 2010/11/16 6:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved