Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
41 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 39

BigKev, Rs812, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Packard parts hunt
Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
Wow. Thats quite a pile of parts you have. Too bad you didn't get any of the power window motors/regulaters as they probably would be worth the trip and money for the site. You still got what looks like a great assortment of parts like the '54 dash, underseat heaters assorted door piller switches, and chrome pieces. I look forward to when you may resell them. Good luck! Chris

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:08
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Power window motors, especially the driver's door and right rear door, and getting hard to find and would be very worthwhile parts to save. Unfortunate that so many folks have thrown out the old units when the replace them as I suspect good cores for possible repair and rebuilding are also getting in short supply.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I see you have a start of your quest for the rear AC scoops. Imag 17 has the valves and control so you're halfway there--except those mount down on the evap box so not much use without the other part.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Not worth the 4 hour round trip drive back up there to pick up with gas prices, but if anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with guy that owns them. He's not a Packard guy, just inherited all this stuff. I even know exactly where there are at. Rear shed, shelving unit on the right, 2nd shelf. I believe there were two of them, perhaps as many as four, and the motors were still attached to the window mechanisms.

There were also a stack of flywheels (V8 I think), and another stack of clutch packs.

Out in the yard was a stack of V8 engines. Most of them bare blocks, some still with the manifolds on. (No Caribbean ones....I looked.)

Since the last time I was out there, a lot of stuff had already been cleared out. V8 part cars, cranks, cams, and other stuff like that was sold for scrap. I think all the motors are piled together like they are because they are the next to go.

So basically left up there is misc V8 engine parts. A couple of tail shafts. Those window regulators with motors, flywheels, clutch packs, and 1/2 dozen hoods. Also some '53 patrician stainless trim, and other unknown belt-line trim.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
@Howard,

Yes those were a neat find. Wish I could have found those external fender vents, but no luck.

If you look at picture 16, you will see that I found a rear window defroster unit. I need someone else to tell me if the grille on the right is the correct one for it. They were in the same box, so I assume so. But the shape is a little different then I would have expected.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 10:50
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It appears to be the correct grill although the screen looks a bit the worse for wear. You can see a portion of the flat bar & slot mounting toward the window molding in the accessories install section. IIRC, the air comes out of the slot. As I recall, there is also some kind of pressed cardboard housing or cover that also goes with the thing--both to cover or dress up the assy and to contain air. Did that survive?

Posted on: 2011/6/20 11:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Who needs electric window regulators. I have two sources I believe I have three in a box in my shed. I also have 4 Patrician doors with electric motors in them, plus the door panals, from my Charlotte NC stash.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 11:10
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard, the housing is made of the same stuff that the heater plenium up front is made of. Glad it sounds like I have the main two pieces. It has one crack in it from where it looks like something was piled on top of it. Not sure if fiberglass resin is an appropriate fix with the heat being generated by the heater coil wire. Perhaps aluminum tape of something?

Posted on: 2011/6/20 11:12
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
BigKev, here is a photo of the grill in a '54 Cavalier. hope it helps. Chris

Attach file:

jpg  (118.59 KB)
1378_4dff73ec177c2.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/6/20 11:23
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes! That helps alot, wonderful. Would you mind getting me a picture from the underside, and also a picture of the dash switch? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 11:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved