Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 195

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 19 »

Re: Tom Malas "1931 833 Restoration "
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Looking good Tom
August 4th is Packard Night at the Elmhurst Cruise and August 22nd is the Geneva Concours. I think you're ready to show her off.

Dezi

Posted on: 2010/7/9 22:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Dezi,

Thank you for the very kind words.

For cruise night I think they would consider my a Rat Rod if I would driver to the show as she is now. No fenders, ratty interior and chicken wire for the roof.

I was hoping to make it to the Geneva Concours as an attendee. I don't think my car ranks up to the standards of that show any ways. But I may be a bit hard on myself.

Posted on: 2010/7/9 23:00
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tom,

Best looking Rat Rod I've ever seen. You must be over the moon with "old Bessie", being able to drive her around. Congratulations!

Posted on: 2010/7/9 23:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Tom,

Best looking Rat Rod I've ever seen. You must be over the moon with "old Bessie", being able to drive her around. Congratulations!
I sure am. It has been a long road and this week was the week I had planned to get her going and wanted to get some other things accomplished but some family matters got in the way last week.

My mother in-law feel down the stairs and broke her hip. On top of that they ran some heart test and found %100 blockage in one artery and some of the other ones have blockage also. They will do surgery on her heart once she recoveries from the hip surgery.

Thanks

Have a great day....

Posted on: 2010/7/10 11:20
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Good progress Tom. Other matters sometimes cause the resto to take a back seat, but perseverance and patience will win out in the end. Don't be afraid to take it out in public. It may cause other people to finish up their restos.

Posted on: 2010/7/10 12:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
I agree with Randy. No need to be concerned. I guarantee you'll be the hit of the party. The Geneva Concours has a section for club parking. Packards of Chicagoland will have a spot to hang out and talk Packards. I'll email you some details.

Wishing your mother in law a speedy recovery and all the best in her upcoming surgery. I know what it's like to have a parent that's ailing.

Posted on: 2010/7/10 15:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Hi Tom

Congratulations with your progress. You now really have something worthwhile. Neat work!

Barrie

Posted on: 2010/7/15 0:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Some updates on my project.

With the help of my younger bother last week. We got the windshield installed.

We also install the fabric/vinyl roof material. It was not as hard to install as one would thought. I think the installation went a little easier is because I took out the chicken wire for support of the material and replaced it with a 1/8" thick piece of birch plywood. I glued and screwed the wood to the bows and on the edges I used some top of the line caulk and also screwed it down there.

Before installing the material I had this bright idea why not take some extra steps and figure out how can I seal up the seam and all the extra holes in the roof from the previous roof material. Well while walking around the home store I glanced over to the gutter isle and a bell went off in my head ahh here we go a 4" x 10' roll of gutter/chimney repair/seal stuff. It worked like a charm. Now I wish I would of taken pictures of all my steps for you to all see but I did not. Was just so up on getting the material installed it slipped my mind. My bad. Sorry.

Thursday, Friday part of Saturday and Sunday I worked on one of the rear fenders. They sure need a lot of TLC.

Posted on: 2010/9/13 12:08
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
O forgot to add to my post yesterday. As of Sunday I have rack up 250 mile since getting Old Bessie off the blocks. She is running o so fine. Had her up to 60 (how accurate my speedo who knows but she was a screaming (in a good way I may say)) down the frontage road the other day. Wouldn't want to do that for long haul but was just curious to see what shes got.

Posted on: 2010/9/14 5:40
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Tom,

Congrats on getting her back on the road! I'm sure she turns a lot of heads.

Tom

Posted on: 2010/9/17 8:49
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 19 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved