Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 169 170 171 (172) 173 174 175 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
This could be a beautiful car, but this 1 has some very obvious flaws. Who dreamt up this color combo? It's not my cup of tea. The data plate is not original and the numbers are not for this car. That ugly alternator is an eyesore. What's up with the angle of the gearshift? That's just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/packard/super-8/1813226.html

Posted on: 2016/2/26 10:09
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On that white car, I find pre-war cars painted white completely incorrect and odd. When I mean white, I mean white, not cream/ivory or any other yellowish-white color. White was traditionally reserved for service vehicles (police/ambulance/milk truck/construction/plumbers/etc). So every time time I see someone paint a pre-war car white, I always think "There goes another milk wagon!". Just my opinion.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 10:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
On that white car, I find pre-war cars painted white completely incorrect and odd...

I agree. I think that when you see a pre-war car painted in 1950 O'Keefe & Merritt appliance white, it was usually used for wedding service and inevitably has a tilt-wheel and everything that goes with it. I believe that car was modified here in the KC area .

Posted on: 2016/2/26 10:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
go to all maroon and it's a pretty car (well, a quart of engine enamel wouldn't hurt, either). Any info on the gearshift?

Posted on: 2016/2/26 12:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Wow, that's garish to a fault. Is Barnum & Bailey missing one of their circus wagons?

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
And get rid of that hideous oil filter and buggered oil lines from the cooler - a replacement filter in the correct configuration has been available for a long time.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought pre-war cars had generators, not alternators. Besides the garish paint job, the interior bothers me too. I would think that the interior leather would match the rumble. While the wood graining on the dash looks OK, I would have thought that the tops of the doors would be wood grained as well. And last but not least, can anybody tell me what that red thing is on the steering column? I guess it's an after-market turn signal.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:11
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The seats are too flat and don't have the "buttons" in it anymore. The rumble seat has no arm rests. The arm rests in the door are wrong.

@bumblebee: yes it should have a generator but this 1 is "upgrade" to an alternator and most likely 12v. Electronic ignition requires 12v.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:26
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Doesn't have enough driving lights.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought pre-war cars had generators, not alternators

You're somewhat right, postwar Packards had generators as well. Alternators came along some years after the last Packard.

Posted on: 2016/2/26 13:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 169 170 171 (172) 173 174 175 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved