Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
That collection in southern NY was posted earlier last year. They must ask some unrealistic prizes I assume.

Posted on: 2014/1/16 7:37
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1932 light 8 Packard engine parts:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/4288819198.html

Posted on: 2014/1/16 20:54
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (54.73 KB)
1220_52dc1ccc147c9.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/1/19 13:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
The '58 may be the epitome of Fugly but this '57 is rather handsome. At this price, it's gotta be peachy.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4292048702.html

Posted on: 2014/1/19 14:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 57 was decent looking. With all they tried to do to make it look like a Packard, in a way, it is a shame they did not get a better reception. Compared to some competitive 57 offerings, it is downright handsome.

Posted on: 2014/1/19 14:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
A 56 in Phoenix. What a car, what a color!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4292522586.html

Posted on: 2014/1/19 23:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Unfortuantely, that maroon is not an exterior color that Packard offered in 56 (or 55). One of my Patricians has the same problem, but will be restored back to its original Mojave Tan - a shade that falls somewhere betwen the color of gold and copper.

Also, you can see, with the rear door open, where the two-tone (white) was applied incorrectly over the wheel tub. Expect similar error(s) at front door opening.

Carpet is wrong color - perhaps wrong type/weave, as well.

Without a doubt, it's a highly presentable driver, but when it comes to valuation, the devil is always in the details.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 9:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2014/1/20 13:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
Unfortunately, that maroon is not an exterior color that Packard offered in 56 (or 55).

I'd like to see a few snaps taken in sunshine with a legitimate camera with a clean lens.

The seats are very close to the "maroon"; has me wondering what the real color is.

Seems to me that it sits quite high which on the surface is desirable......

Posted on: 2014/1/20 17:17
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
The seats are very close to the "maroon"; has me wondering what the real color is.

OK, let me add that maroon is also not an INTERIOR color that Packard offered in 56 (or 55).

I'd bet money that the interior if that 56 Pat is Trim Set 69: Light Copper (Matalese) and Dark Copper (Doeskin) cloth, which was only offered, in regular production, with Mojave Tan (R) or Corsican Black (V) monochromatic or Dover White over Mojave Tan (MR) two-tone paint schemes.

My Pat has Trim Set 79: Light Copper (Jacquard) cloth and White leather, with Dark Copper leather accents, and same availability. When I found this car, it was the only one I'd ever seen in those colors. Since my purchase, I've seen at least a half dozen more like it - though most with all-cloth upholstery.

Take a look at the swatches in the 56 dealer showroom album upholstery section for the Patrician and Four Hundred.

The dark copper is closer to brown than maroon. Can't get out to my Pat, but I seem to recall the carpet is sort of an in-between shade - darker than light copper, but lighter than dark copper. With either of those two Trim Sets, the instrument panel is painted in Dark Copper enamel - about the same shade as Roman Copper (S) exterior laquer, which was only offered on Carribeans.

Could be the Dark Copper cloth is suffering from UV or was replaced with in incorrect color. The last pic of the RH end of the instrument board looks reasonably close.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 18:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved