Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 231

dallas, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: cars & animals
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
-Dan

Well played and I like the Cliff-Notes version. I think that sums it up quite nicely.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

So with that...

I present the Thanksgiving Song by Adam Sandler

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z27FKwupds&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z27FKwupds&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2008/11/27 13:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Whew! I'm exhausted after reading this thread and seeing what it degenerated into. Guess I'll dash over to my daughter's house for turkey and football.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 14:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
When I was restoring my Packard Clipper I found several animal bones in the shelf behind the headlights. I suspect that at one time there was a weasel living in the car fender.
On another note, many years ago while on patrol as a game warden, I came across a small bear cub walking along a narrow bush road. Suspecting that the little fellow might be orphaned I stopped the vehicle and open the door of my truck to exit when the cub ran up to me and jumped inside the cab of the truck. Then out of the bush came mama bear and she was not too pleased that her baby was missing. I quickly hopped back inside my truck and stepped on the gas with mama bear in hot pursuit. I drove the the truck down the road about 1/2 mile with the cub was pressed up against the passenger side door bawling for mama. I then opened the passenger door and shooed the cub out the from where he was sitting on the floor. Mama was coming down the road as fast as she could run so I barely had time to get in the truck and make my get away. Not a Packard story but perhaps an amusing one none the less.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 14:17
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sounds like you bear-ly escaped!

Posted on: 2008/11/27 14:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information

Posted on: 2008/11/27 15:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Clpr47,

Obviously a TRUE story.
I don't know about the bear behavior, BUT the Game Warden part makes sense to me!
If your Gamr Warden Truck had a "I'd rather be Driving My Packard" bumpersticker on it, it would be an ever better Packard story.

DanL

Posted on: 2008/11/27 17:12
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
In the alte 90's while driving a Dodge van I had the following happen to me. While drving down a two lane highway in the country here in Central Penna. at 60 miles an hour, I had a wild turkey come through the windsheild. I ducked low behind the steering and shut my eyes. The turkey came witin about one foot of hitting me. The turkey flew between the headrests on the highback bucket seats and landed in the back of the van.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 21:09
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

Seems a very appropriate anecdote at Thanksgiving time. Speaking of which did you turn the bird into dinner as compensation for the damage it caused?

Attach file:

jpg  (12.08 KB)
226_492f6358083d4.jpg 700X81 px

Posted on: 2008/11/27 22:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Gerd, you have made my morning! It may be time for you to put all of your creatively written stories into a book.
I would buy it

Thank you for the good laugh this morning!
Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/11 10:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Gerd, I also found your story very humorous and enjoyable to read. I once had occasion to try and trap a mother bear with her two cubs from a suburban neighbourhood. I set two traps and in the morning I found that I had indeed trapped the two cubs in one trap and the mother in the other. It would have been a major problem if I wasn't so lucky. Here is a photo of a young black bear being released into the wild after making a nuisance of himself.

Attach file:

jpg  (180.96 KB)
13_4bc218bf62cfa.jpg 1280X1264 px

Posted on: 2010/4/11 13:45

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved