Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 87

Ronald, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Hood ornament
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
The important thing to remember is that there were numerous fake ornaments and ornament bases that SEEMED to be Packard, but were not. Some were very, very close, some appeared identical to the untrained eye.

Posted on: 2019/1/17 19:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Darn, one year off. Have a 1946 now. John

Posted on: 2019/1/18 11:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The parts book is vague but as far as I can tell, 22nd and 23rd series ornaments would not fit 21st series cars or at least none of the part numbers for a couple of the assembles match. I suspect that the hood contour is a but different.

Posted on: 2019/1/18 16:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Randy, does the "Flying Goddess" ornament have holes in the back? I've seen aftermarket versions with wings swept back (both chrome and lit plastic) and very much like those of the 1952 Cormorant and they are still available new. Even without them, I suspect it's aftermarket.

Attach file:

jpeg  (71.54 KB)
60923_5c424d3e2b473.jpeg 1473X1250 px

Posted on: 2019/1/18 17:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
RE: Winged lady hood ornament
JC Whitney used to sell a wide range of these aftermarket hood ornaments. Some were pretty close copies of originals. If you do an Ebay search for "flying hood ornament" or "winged hood ornament" you will probably find several exact matches to the one pictured. You'll also find quite a variety if you search for hood ornaments on Amazon including a "swan" that mimics the Cormorant.
The Dart company made a reproduction of the 38-41 Packard goddess of speed in the 50's & 60's that I see once in a while .

Posted on: 2019/2/19 17:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved