Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
251 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 248

54packpac, Jimmyk, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 31 »

Re: ZIS 110
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Quote:
Friends, have you ever felt before to be a happy owner of a specific screw or a part of an exhaust pipe? Or even an old manual, written in Russian? I am definitely remote operated and controlled.

I agree what you say, I could not have said it better.
I have had that feeling when buying Moskvich and Volga literature and new parts. Its some kind of excitement thats hard to explain.

Quote:
Today I am authorised to proudly present you some few works of the Ukrainian designer Zurel, which drives with a ZIS-110 through the virtual reality.

Im speechless!

Quote:
Yes Dave, that's for sure. And it is all the more astonishing that the Soviets sometimes have taken leave of their senses and ingenuity.

I met 2 years ago a guy how worked in the Moskvich factory turning 1977-1986 and the storys he told me where just to amazing, to be thru. Hes own words where: If the Russians had stopped investing in nuclear missels and constructing cars
and other civilian products as they built the rockets we would
have had a much better living today?!
How much is it thru, I don't know, I leave it other to charge!

Posted on: 2009/9/25 8:29
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I almost forgot to post this:
http://fotoalbum.ee/photos/heikson/58974485
This has come up recently, but the maine question, is this the same car that was bulled out of that garage in Tallinn?
I think it could be so!

Posted on: 2009/9/25 8:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
to Guscha: You have a good point in there, I just was in a hurry to post the news . But this ZIS-110 I found recently Is new to me to, I don't know on the moment more then you to but I try to gather information about it.
Finding the owner will take time but I will give my best to do it!
Im amazed that the more I investigate to the ZIS-110 theme ,the more all kinds of interesting things come to day light, is that normal?

And heres again some ZIS-110 information:http://www.eag.unicweb.ee/m13.html
If you ask the website manager eag@unicweb.ee he could tell you more about these cars then I can.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 15:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Guscha: I don't know if this has been posted before.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (248.98 KB)
105_4abec465564c6.jpg 1270X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/9/26 20:48
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
to John, what is the exact source for this article, I mean date and issue number?

to Guscha: No problem, I like to help thous who help others.
But I wonder where could I get the ZIS-110 literature as you have showed in one of your earlier post?

Posted on: 2009/9/27 1:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Quote:
Steve, my friend earns his living by selling vintage cars. That requires to offer spare parts as well as car literature. I would like to distinguish between business and hobby

To Guscha: That line is kind of familiar to me, I think by all what I have seen, I do distinguish hobbys from business.
I will find the literature, one way ore another!

But here something I haven't posted jet:
http://vanatehnika.ee/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=45
The (here) famous works of vintage cars restorer M?rt Aarne,
works!

Posted on: 2009/9/27 4:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
If I remember correctly the ZIS-110 engine uses oil marked AS-8(AC-8 in russian) by the literature. The same AS-8 oil is even today in production under the name M8V Avtool!
I know the odor of burned M8V,that is something to remember, distant memorys come in to my mind when I first was the GAZ-51(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-51) flathead R6 engine.

M8V Avtool oil today:
http://www.erimell.ee/tooted.php?like=Bensiinimootori%F5lid

Posted on: 2009/9/27 10:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Gerd, since you have the head loose on that engine already and I also have your mailing address, I'm going to see if I can dig up a used Packard head gasket to mail to you to fit on that engine. I'm curious to know just how close the head is to fitting on a Packard and vice versa. I think one of those heads on a Packard straight eight would be hilarious!

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Turbopackman wrote: Gerd,.......I'm going to see if I can dig up a used Packard head gasket to mail to you to fit on that engine......

Eric & Gerd,

Rather than go to the expense of shipping a gasket, a few discrete measurements of center-to-center stud distances should narrow down the interchange possibilities. I doubt whether rolling or folding a used gasket, to save postage costs in a smaller parcel, would be conducive to obtaining a good fit. That said, agree which studs would give meaningful comparison, then measure away. Also head length, width and depth would be interesting to know.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Where's the fun in that?

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved