Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 208

CarFreak, RKS, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 215 216 217 (218) 219 220 221 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Wow! I can't even comprehend having to do all that so fast! You picked a good area to be at. I have some friends who used to live around there and they enjoyed it until the hustle and bustle got too much and they moved to the country.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 19:57
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I've done it several times and here's where it gets tricky: the first time I moved cross country everything fitted in or on my half ton Ford. The 2nd time I moved 250 miles and it took a 16 ft trailer half full, and I was still single. I moved again 250 miles and everything still fitted in the 16 ft trailer easily. 6 months after we got married we moved 80 miles: the 16 ft trailer got filled 9 times and still I filled up the biggest uhaul truck I could find. (This was all in a 5 yr span!). Go to Walmart and buy 20 of the biggest tote's (with little wheels on 1 side) and start putting stuff up that you don't need or use in the next 90 days. You'll be suprised how much you can pack already.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 21:34
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, I know this is a little "AR", but in my recent moves (Walnut Creek to Santa Fe, and Santa Fe to Austin) I numbered each box/crate and made an list of their contents. I used MS Excel to create the worksheets for this. Doing this helped greatly in unpacking. I found the time spent doing this was more than offset by the time saving when unpacking. Just a suggestion...

And, as BDC suggests, packing stuff you will not need now will speed up and make easier the process.
(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/7/13 10:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm pretty decent at packing things up. Our biggest challenge is just going to finding a place to park the truck here and loading it. Tight quarters in this neighborhood.

Nicole is already anxious to start packing as well. It's the items that dont fit in bins and boxes that are the pain in the ass. I figure we will have multiple trips to Goodwill in our future to thin out some of the load.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 12:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Yard sell!!! We need Packard funds. John

Posted on: 2016/7/13 15:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, you might consider renting a storage unit. A small one can suck up a lot of stuff. This would give you more room in the house and make it easier to move around and pack up things. Another thought...

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/7/14 11:09
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
You might consider to rent a port storage space (POD). Your put everything in the POD and they pick it up and store it. When you are ready you have the POD delivered to your new place.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:22
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We are going to do U-Pack. It's cheaper than PODS. They basically drop off a smaller Semi-Trailer at your house. You fill it will your stuff, and then you install a provided bulkhead. They charge you for the linear feet of the truck you use. When Nicole moved out here from Chicago she used 11 linear ft, packed all the way to the ceiling.

If you even see smaller semi-tailers on the Interstate that are gray with the letters "ABF" on them, that is U-Pack. 1/2 the cost of traditional movers and 1/3 cheaper than uhaul and PODS.

The trailer has a ramp, but because it's a standard height semi-trailer is taller and ramp is steeper than a uhaul.

They give you 3 days to fill the trailer and 3 days to empty it. We emptied ours in 3 hours, and they came back later that afternoon to collect the trailer.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:34
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
1954 Illinois YOM plates installed.

Attach file:

jpg  (174.68 KB)
1_5817b88eac8b2.jpg 1706X960 px

Posted on: 2016/10/31 16:33
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information

Posted on: 2016/10/31 16:46
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 215 216 217 (218) 219 220 221 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved